[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't these guys rock harder? I dig their work but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Сover.jpg (4 MB, 2362x2362) Image search: [Google]
Сover.jpg
4 MB, 2362x2362
Why don't these guys rock harder? I dig their work but it does make wish TMV or someone with more nads was still making psychedelic rock.
>>
>using rock as a verb
Delete this
>>
File: 7893535353.png (3 KB, 280x272) Image search: [Google]
7893535353.png
3 KB, 280x272
>>65739472
why don't these guys play louder and with more passion
>>
Listen to King gizzard and the lizard wizard - "nonagon infinity"
>>
Yeah the live versions compositionaly are way better than their studio counterparts, and they show hints of it in places like the last part of let it happen or Enders toi, so even though I really enjoy them I would like to see them use their "harder" guitar playing more often
>>
>>65739101
Its harder to "rock harder" with modern production without sounding like buttrock or overblown late 70s hard rock
Its also not a part of what Kevin wants to do. He obviously wants some nuance, and even some denser psych, but he can't do that if hard guitars ruin the mix
>>
>>65739689
do you feel recording analog would be a good way to capture that psych sound but remain heavy?
>>
>>65739785
Yes, however he does record in analog i believe. I just mean that a lack of clarity in most older records benefits the authentic of the sound. Its a lot harder to get the heavier thing going, it requires a lot more mixing work if he uses any effects that aren't direct and heavy themselves. All of that being said he does use some raunchy guitar tones and has good riffs all he needs to do is up the energy and knowing Kevin he would probably spend a decent amount of time fine tuning the production if he did go a little harder, thus it would work. Energy is great, but you have to be a good songwriter AND producer to pull it off without sounding cheesy and derivative in a psych record
>>
If you look into Kevin's musical career he was doing rock/psych rock from like 2004 all the way through innerspeaker, he's probably burnt out on it at this point or associates it with when he was younger and making shittier music.
>>
>>65741653
example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gGEzJ8pFAY
>>
>>65739599
One of the best concerts of my life. They're a class act
>>
>>65741653
this, he gets shit for going poppier, but it really makes sense

to the public it's just 2 psych records and then he went pop, but he spent years playing psych, probably wants to take a break
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.