[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who doesn't like the album cover? It feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: theglowingman.png (153 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
theglowingman.png
153 KB, 600x600
Am I the only one who doesn't like the album cover? It feels lacking, on the lower right there is some sort of animal arm extending from something else, it has no coherent body or design.

Did gira just grab a red pen and some cardboard, do a little scribbling and decide, yes, this bent monkey arm thing is just perfect?

Look at the seer, it's a black eyed dog? wolf with human teeth? We're not sure what exactly it is but we have an idea. It works with the music by being able to imagine this thing in the background, prowling and hunting.

To be kind lets you think about a little child calling out for mother while stuck in a well, or being babysitted by michael gira himself, scared of scary people.

The filth teeth give a nice accompaniment to the music, while the music entices you to flex your muscles the listener is flexing his teeth, possibly unable to move. A hint of something worse or that something could be even worse lies through out the album.

The white light rabbit is a metaphor of a forgotten childhood toy, maybe lost in an attic somewhere. Nostalgia.

Love of life has two burning rabbits, this follows the music in the album because it really is similar to the previous one. Perhaps an abusive parent destroyed these.

Soundtracks for the blind has a great cover in relation to the title and music. It's whatever you make of it, the grey circle could mean forgetting or losing something, or actually being blind which is mentioned on "how they suffer'' and the title. Something worse could be behind that circle, covered up by your blindness to the plight of those with less happy lives. Or it can be a mirror which reflects on you, you have become nothing emotionally, no success to speak of and so you cannot see even yourself.

But what does this cover have, it's there, I can't find another reason for it except for 'durr it just looks cool man!'.
>>
There's a lot of things I dont like about TGM.
>>
>Love of life has two burning rabbits, this follows the music in the album because it really is similar to the previous one. Perhaps an abusive parent destroyed these.

you haven't listened to Love of Life have you senpai
>>
>>65738707
all of them together like this reminds me of some kind of ritual, tribal dance
>>
The cover is actually really good and you're proof of it.
If you look closely at the bottom, you'll see:
>nunununu
It's Gira calling you a nu-male because of your shit taste.
>>
File: swins.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
swins.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
I like it better to see it like this.
>>
>>65738707
>nunununu
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 15.png (847 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
15.png
847 KB, 900x900
>>65738707
T'is a terrible cover, but what would you rate it out of 10? Get in this straw poll and voice your thoughts:
STRAW POLL
http://www.strawpoll.me/10511548
STRAW POLL
STRAW POLL
>>
>>65738707
Listen very closely to me, anonymous poster, because I'm only going to say this once. I want you to take this post, and every thought process that occurred prior to you making this post - actually, no, I want you to take your opinions too, and I want you to put them somewhere where they'll never be seen by the rest of mankind ever again. Do you understand what I'm saying, or is your mentally disability washing over you? Let me put this into terms that an autistic simpleton like yourself can understand.

I want you to take this fucking post, and your fucking life, and literally FUCK YOURSELF WITH IT.
>>
File: the glowing man.png (84 KB, 314x421) Image search: [Google]
the glowing man.png
84 KB, 314x421
The body parts are sort of puzzle pieces. When you put them all together, you reveal the true "Glowing Man"
>>
>>65738925
le rape face.jpg
>>
>>
>>65738925
Using this an alt cover
>>
>>65738925
he finally flexed, bros
>>
>>65738925
kek this is great
>>
>>65739196
Is this loss
>>
>>65738707
You are an autist of the highest degree, please do the world a favor and end your miserable life.
>>
>>65741700
>>65740033
checked
>>
Nice pasta
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.