[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't more people talking about this? It's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why aren't more people talking about this? It's the most beautiful album i've ever heard in my entire fucking life! Literally the first second makes my eyes tear. It's like i stepped into a secret world that's unlike anything else i've ever experienced, and yet so few even knows it exists. Thank you to the people here who told me about this
>>
There's at least one Talk Talk thread a day now. Where have you been?
>>
its been talked about, would you really want it to be mu core? LS is better any who
>>
>>65737906
>>65737916
I mean outside of /mu/
>>
>>65737879
>very enthusiast talk talk fans
my kind of people
>>
Maaaaybe because it came out 28 years ago, has been memed to hell by critics and literally everything has been said about it?
>>
File: band8.png (313 KB, 555x255) Image search: [Google]
band8.png
313 KB, 555x255
>>65737879
Listen to Laughing Stock. It's somewhat more experimental. But I honestly believe ''New Grass'' is their best song. I also recommend The Colour of Spring (especially the song ''April 5th'') and of course Mark Hollis' solo album.

Talk Talk is my favorite band and I've been searching to a band even coming close to their music and sound and I haven't found much.

Other artists I really recommend is:

>David Sylvian - The Secrets Of The Beehive
Especially ''Orpheus'' and ''Let The Happiness In'' are great songs.
>King Crimson - Islands
A severely underrated album I think. My favorite of them.
>>
>>65737966
thanks for the recs, i've listened to LS and i don't think it's as good as SoE. I'll check out Mark Hollis solo
>>
>>65737966
Mark Hollis is the who vocalist I would say actually uses his voice like an instrument, my favorite band also
>>
File: pygmalion.jpg (35 KB, 1200x1202) Image search: [Google]
pygmalion.jpg
35 KB, 1200x1202
>>65737879
>>65737966
Also try pic related. Turns out everyone's favorite shoegaze band can make a pretty good Talk Talk album.
>>
>>65738044
only vocalist**
>>
>>65737936
I think you either like it a lot or can't get into it at all. I seem to fall into the latter.
>>
>>65737879
you must not listen to much jazz
>>
>>65738091
true, the people i've seen talk about it absolutely love it
>>
Laughing Stock is better
>>
>>65738014
It also took me a while to appreciate Laughing Stock for what it was. Try ''New Grass'' once it's getting late in the evening. And you're welcome for the recs.
>>
>>65738047
This is actually pretty good. Never really liked Souvlaki outside of a couple of songs. Thanks for the rec, man.
>>
>>65738180
I was just dissapointed that they replaced the very soft, almost soft jazz-influenced sound of Spirit Of Eden with the crescendo-esque post rock sound that we're all familiar with on LS. to me, LS sounds like other things, SoE does not. But i may be wrong and don't get me wrong, LS is still great
>>
>>65737966
Thanks for the recs. I agree, After the Flood and New Grass especially are the standouts for me on LS.

>>65738047
This is also awesome, thanks.

>>65738091
>>65738260
Side 1 of SoE is probably what I'd recommend the most to anyone who wants to get into later Talk Talk. That I enjoyed right away, LS took me a few listens to appreciate.
>>
>>65738545
Last one: You should really check out their song ''John Cope''. It's up there with their best but it was taken out because they felt like it didn't belong on Spirit Of Eden. Also, the remaining members of Talk Talk started a band called 'O' Rang when Hollis left. Check it out.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.