[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are people over rating this album? Her last album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160617-111214.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160617-111214.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Why the fuck are people over rating this album? Her last album was much better and it wasn't getting this much attention. I don't get it.
>>
>>65735230
nice #WhiteCisHetMaleTears
>>
>>65735230
3.35 isn't that highly rated
>>
>>65735247
Yes, but compared to her last album, it's over rated
>>
>>65735230
Because of a brilliant marketing campaign by her label painting it as the ultimate album for black women.
>>
>>65735230
I wish rym would let us see what scores albums got if we removed all the votes by white people
>>
>>65735286
The site wouldn't exist without white people though
>>
Because her last album didn't come out in the middle of the poptimism wave where generic radio pop is celebrated by professional critics for some reason.

>>65735272
This too
>>
>>65735317
the literal creator and owner of RYM is from the middle fucking east
>>
iny Mix Tapes was thrown into something of a behind-the-scenes tizzy last month when it emerged that Beyoncé, that unimpeachable icon of feminine empowerment and liberation, was making more than a few bucks out of alleged female sweatshop labor in Sri Lanka. Given that we’d joined the rest of the Free World in praising her latest album to the hilt, this news caused something of a stir in our “office,” re-confronting us with the age-old question of whether we can or should divorce ourselves from the political and ethical ramifications of an artist’s life when appreciating their art.

In Beyoncé’s case, this isn’t perhaps a difficult question to answer, if only because Bey had already brought politics and ethics into her work by using a narrative of (female/black) manumission to brand and sell it.
>>
Because it's worth all the hype
>>
>>65735494
Well the figurative creator and owner of RYM is white
>>
>>65735540
Her self titled album deserved more hype than this shit.
>>65735525
Wow
>>
Her self titled got a fucking shit ton of buzz too.

In fact, even though Lemonade's sold well, I hardly hear it on the radio, whereas Drunk In Love was a fucking anthem for months.
>>
becos it's got jack white on it #whitemales
anyways i liked both. both are different and good. i love her
>>
>>65735428
Totally agreed.
>>
>>65735763
I hear Sorry and Formation almost every day on the radio
>>
>>65735246
nice #SJWStupidLanguage
>>
>>65735230
>introspection
>angry
>breakup

This is the greatest musical achievement modern womyn is able to make
>>
I rated it 3.5. It's a good album, and I like it. Formation is my theme song now
>>
it's not on spotify. how do I listen to this?
>>
>>65736056
Buy the CD, make a Tidal acc or just download it.
>>
>>65736056
Piratebay lad
>>
She is honestly such a hack. Look at me I'm an independent black women I don't kneed no man so Im gonna sing about it the only way I know how. In a stupid gospel tone. Because I am a black women and thats how we sing.
>>
>>65737603
And she's so white washed black that it's an insult for her to relate to truly black women.
>>
it's a good album desu. no masterpiece though, not every track is good
>>
>>65737603
>Im gonna sing about it
She literally doesn't sing about it though. It's just a standard Beyonce album but the media is praising it for being so pro black or whatever.

Pretty smart move from her camp. All her fans will praise it as this black excellence, neutrals will be drawn to it as they hear it's got such a powerful message, and /pol/tards will moan about it only generating it's hype.

But the album has fuck all to do with blackness desu.
>>
reminder to please refrain from commenting on this album unless you are a poc
>>
>>65735230
Mu$ic Journali$m

the album really clicks on the 32nd listen
>>
'
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.