[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing acoustic guitar for some older people at a senior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
I'm playing acoustic guitar for some older people at a senior home next week and I'm having trouble picking songs that they would know and want to hear? Any ideas will help and be considered (I have a guitar and a ukulele to use)
>>
Play some Hank Williams and Johnny Cash mang
>>
>>65735070
I like Hey Good Lookin'. What Johnny cash one would u recommend
>>
>>65734981
>buy shit tier scratchy amp
>bring m16 and war paint
>play fortunate son as loud as you can
>PTSD attacks
>????
>profit
>>
>>65734981
Every old person in America will love you if you play Running Bear.
I know, because I played it at an old folks home
>>
>>65735184
Ring of Fire if you can sing
>>
CCR
>>
Song to Comus
>>
>>65734981
Polly Wolly Doodle
>>
Shit do I know. Classical guitar? Acoustic jazz from the 1930s?
>>
>>65735256
I have a very talented girl to sing I'll see what she can do, thank you for your recommendations!
>>
>>65735254
That song isn't that great.
>>
>>65735416
>I have a very talented girl to sing I'll see what she can do, thank you for your recommendations!
Where the fuck do you think this is? Gaia?
>>
Leonard Cohen songs desu

'One of us Cannot be Wrong' is one of my fave acoustic songs, but you could pick out some of his more upbeat songs.
>>
>>65734981
>I'm playing acoustic guitar for some older people at a senior home next week and I'm having trouble picking songs that they would know and want to hear?

Dude, they can't hear anything. It kind of comes with the turf of being 90 years old.
>>
>>65735455
I don't know what that means
>>
>>65735539
You sound a little too, um, formal and polite for 4chan. That's not how things work here.
>>
her majesty is cute and fun
>>
>>65735642
Bloody hell, they're 80-90 years old. They don't know 90s rock!
>>
>>65735677
>bloody hell
>>
>>65735642
I do have a bass player, I forgot to mention, thank you for your imput
>>
it aint me
>>
>>65735703
IT AINT MEEEE
>>
>>65735677
Just play whatever you want. Not like they can hear anything anyway. Besides, most of them are probably doped up on meds.
>>
>>65735690
>thank you for your input
Also stop doing that. You sound like a douche.
>>
MOTHERFUCKING WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER. EVERY LAST BLOODY GERIATRIC CUNT WANKS THEIR DESSICATED OLD DICK TO THAT SONG.
>>
>>65735753
I didn't mean it that way
>>
EVEN THE BLOODY QUEEN HERSELF WANKS TO WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER.
>>
>this thread
>>
Do you think they'd like any Elton John/ Billy Joel or David bowie
>>
>>65735952
NOW, ELTON AND BOWIE WHAT A FINE BUNCH OF OLD FUCKING DRAG QUEEN CUNTS WHO PROBABLY SODOMISED EACH OTHER ON A REGULAR BASIS. OF COURSE ONLY ELTON WAS ACTUALLY BALLS ENOUGH TO COME OUT OF HIS BLEEDING CLOSET. OH BOY DID I SURE LOVE ALL THE DICK SUCKING OF BOWIE'S OLD DEAD HIV INFECTED MEMBER.
>>
>>65736000
Trips don't lie
>>
The worst concert I ever saw was a Frank Sinatra impersonator at my grandpa's rest home on the Fourth of July, 1997.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.