[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey this is pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Hey this is pretty good
>>
What do you guys think of Red? It's lumped between their two worst records.
>>
>>65732780
I like it better than Blue album, but Pinkerton is my favourite. Photograph is my favourite Weezer song though.
>>
>>65732780
it's the definitive 5/10 album

there's just NOTHING man

every single song follows the exact same formula, the production has no life, there are none of the flourishes, dynamics or hints of personality that made their debut so great, the melodies are middling and mediocre. but it is undeniably pleasant and never obnoxious.

if it's on i never get the urge to turn it off. i might even sing along. but i would never think to listen to it. none of the songs except maybe island would pop into my head apropos of nothing. 5 out of fuckin 10
>>
>>65732805
double-posting but I don't think it's as shit as everyone makes it out to be. The first 4 songs are really solid, TGMTEL is pretty fun and probably my fave song from it.
>>
>>65732854
That's easily in my top 5 of their whole career.
>>
Pinkerton > Blue > Green > White > Red > EWBAITE > Hurley > Maladroit > Make Believe > Raditude
>>
>>65732805
Half of it is passable and half is shit. Listening to it is a track-for-track alternation between "hey this is pretty good" and "oh god not this shit again".
>>
>>65732895
That's not saying much
>>
>>65732827
>every single song follows the exact same formula
This 100%. Every song is verse chorus and a solo that just follows the vocal melody. Also it's less than 30 minutes long.

Once I figured that shit out I just lost any urge to listen to it.

O Girlfriend is pretty great though.
>>
>>65733088
>>65732827
Rivers said on Green he was attempting to craft the perfect pop song
>>
>>65732805
It's fun but flawed. I don't really care for the songs the other band members did aside from Automatic. I was shocked at how shitty Brian Bell's song was.

Dreamin is a great song almost ruined by a fucking weird bridge. And Heart Songs just bores me to death. Also some of the lyrics are weird.

But still you can't deny The Angel and the One is an amazing closer.
>>
>>65733122
Makes sense. But he over thought things. None of them comes close to Dancing Queen anyway (the true GOAT pop song)
>>
>>65732976
>Maladroit that low
Damn
>>
File: HNI_0082_MPO.jpg (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0082_MPO.jpg
204 KB, 640x480
>>65733088
O Girlfriend, that's the end
And I'm lost without your love
O Love
In yr heart I was happy as a little boy could be
Takin' pills and mellowin' out
Now I just want to shout
>>
>>65733235
I don't like Maladroit. I understand if you do, but the melodies are just not my thing.
>>
>>65733088
>>65733287
My fave song on the album
>>
True Weezer album ratings
Blue>Pink>White>EWBAITE>Maladroit>Hurley>Green>>Red>>>>>Make Believe>>>>Raditude
>>
>>65733635
this, desu
>>
>>65732976

There's a typo

Blue > Pinkerton
>>
>>65733635
Pretty much this. Maladroit should be before White and EWBAITE though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.