[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KANYE WEST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: kanye.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Kanye West is a creative genius.
Prove me wrong.
>>
B L E A C H E D A S S H O L E
>>
I mean his creativity has got him a lot further than any of ours... :C
>>
So he obviously changed the game yet again with his release/updating methods for TLOP, but do you guys think this is a good thing?
It was nice to come back to the album several months later and find all of these new changes + an extra track but I think I'll get very fatigued of it if more popular musicians follow suit
>>
>>65732448
>one of the most memorable lines of 2016
try again
>>
Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > LR > CD > TLOP > Grad
>>
Yes, he is the only real artist and rockstar in this era of popular music.
>>
>>65732432
you made the claim. the burden of proof is on you, OP. Whenever you're ready...
>>
>>65732432
I can't
>>
>>65732466
He stirred up people perception if wether an album should remain static, or if changes were to be made. You know you are onto something when it pisses people off. I like it.

>>65732500
Yes.

>>65732538
No, he's among one of the most impactful artist of our generation. He claimed he was the only one, but then corrected himself and said he's amongst them, like Freddy and Michael.

The hate against Kanye west is directed towards his narcissistic tendencies and his downright outrageous outburst and persona, not his music

Like the time when he told Beck, a man who plays 12 instruments, to respect artistry.

I can't defend that shit. On that note, he's a fucking jackass, sure.
But you can't deny that he's a genius.
>>
>>65732729
OP here again, my english is shit btw, sorry. Not my first language
>>
File: ebinlol.jpg (7 KB, 249x176) Image search: [Google]
ebinlol.jpg
7 KB, 249x176
>>65732432
Kanye West is a talentless shitnigger. Only 16 year old idiots with spoonfed opinions like his manufactured cash-in "music".
>>
>>65732789
u're MUM is a talentless shitniger

haha RENT rfl,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>
File: laughter.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>>65732789
So how's your music coming along, faggot? Stop projecting your failures onto others.
Go die in a corner
>>
>>65732432
He's like the Hideo Kojima of the rap game. He's great, but not the best.
>>
>>65732729
Playing 12 instruments doesnt make you an artist. Kanye has artistic vision.
>>
>>65732834
In the rap game, yes. He's not the best. His lyrical style is a hit or miss at best. But even when he fails, he's not really failing.

The bleached asshole line is one of the most memorable lines in 2016.

His Michael Jackson line is unforgetable too.
>>
>>65732729
Maybe we could call him a creative "genius" after his career is over, in the meantime he made 2 incredible, important albums and a bunch of other albums that range between terrible and good but aren't quite "genius".
>>
>>65732432
Well, what i like about Kanye is the controversy. He is always able to spark a debate, for better or for the worse.
>>
>>65732432

Prove your point first.
>>
>>65733072
Kanye West is not a lyrical genius in the same way that Jay-Z, B.I.G., Nas, Eminem or Big Pun are. He is not as technically gifted as they are (although he has absolutely improved in this regard compared to his college dropout days).

However, his lyrics always manage to strike a mind-blowing level of honesty and a ridiculous level of observational detail. He is also somehow able to make people from completely different backgrounds love his music and actually know and recite his words.

People don't like Kanye West because he is able to come up with lines like:
Too many Urkels on your team that's why your Wins-low

But because time and time again he says things like:
They say I talk with so much emphasis/Ooooooh they sooo sensiitiveee
Seriously who says this? We all think it, but he's the only one that managed to put it in a rhyme)

What's a black beatle anyways? A fuckin roach? I guess thats why the put me in fuckin coach

Face it Jerome, get searched more times than Brandon/ Look all through my bags act like its random

These are lines that even a ten year old can understand. The honesty, simplicity and all around accessibility of his lines will win over a crowd way more times than a more technically capable rapper.
>>
>>65733072
Plus, Kanye falls under the category "Advanced Genius".

The Advanced Genius Theory was created in the grand hallway of forward-thinking individuals (AKA – a Pizza Hut in South Carolina) in the 1990s. At the time, the two founders of the theory, Jason Hartley and Britt Bergman, were two students who couldn’t understand how Lou Reed came to be so terrible in the late 1980s. One day, while eating some calorific pizza, they figured it out: if Lou Reed was ahead of his time when he was in the Velvet Underground, then he must have still been ahead of his time in the 80s, and they were just like all the people who didn’t understand Velvet Underground. As time went on, the pair used Reed’s career advancement to develop the Advanced Genius Theory.

As a progressive form of thinking, the theory can be used to ascertain whether well-established musicians like Reed, who are perceived to be terrible or have “lost it”, are, in fact, advanced beyond our level of understanding. Immortalized in Hartley’s 2010 book The Advanced Genius Theory: Are They Out of Their Minds or Ahead of Their Time?, the five basic tenets of the theory are:
- You must have done great work for more than 15 years.
- You must have alienated your original fans.
- You must be completely unironic.
- You must be unpredictable.
- You must "lose it." Spectacularly.

Kanye fills these criterias
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.