[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grow up guys. This shit matters. At the end of the day is a review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: the glowing man.jpg (16 KB, 650x384) Image search: [Google]
the glowing man.jpg
16 KB, 650x384
Grow up guys. This shit matters. At the end of the day is a review of a music album really that much more important than dismantling rape culture? You really want to protect a rapist's name just so you can have an "unbiased" review?

I don't think people should lower their scores because of what happened but it's unethical to withhold the facts. People have a right to know where their music is coming from and in whose hands their money is going.
>>
They aren't biased reviews, fuck off kid.
>>
Rape is natural. Animals rape eachother all the time in the wild, no-one gives a shit.
>>
>>65731970
OW THE EDGE
>>
LOOK I MADE ANOTHER THREAD CAUSE I GOT BTFO IN THE FIRST!
>>
>>65731714
(You)
>>
>>65731714
The Glowing Man, as an album, is more important than any social issue, so...
>>
Music at the end of the day is a luxury, something you willingly put money and time into.

If I sit down for two hours of my time to listen to an album by my favourite band, I don't want to sit there and constantly be reminded "oh shit the guy who's singing raped someone!", because i'm not some sad fuck who becomes obsessed with a musicians personal life, do you realise how sad your life must be if you constantly think about the problems of the world while trying to zone out and listen to some good music or play a video game.
>>
>>65731714
>You really want to protect a rapist's name
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>65732182
You bring up some good points. You're free to ignore a musician's personal life if you choose AND you also don't have to read the reviews. I think people have the right to receive the information, take it or leave it.
>>
>>65731714
Read "The Death Of The Author" and then never make a post this shit again.
>>
I went out pretty early today to pick up a pressing of The Glowing Man. After I paid for it, the guy behind who served me said "You better crank up that volume" I agreed and walked out feeling completely happy with my purchase.

He didn't look at me and say "Hey dude, you know the singer ALLEGEDLY raped a girl" Wanna know why? Because I bet we're just two normal guys who like music and don't trigger ourselves daily for thinking about the social issues that will never be fixed or solved.
>>
>>65731714
There's a reason all of that shit died down. Larkin Grimm is fucking insane and had made the same claims about countless other musicians she had worked with. It's no coincidence that she deleted all of the comments once that became known.
>>
>>65731714
gira actually dindu nuffin
>>
>>65732326
i'd be more inclined to subscribe to that point of view if gira didn't basically admit to doing it in his defense statement "but it was consensual durr"
>>
>>65732688
It clearly was consensual, though. Larkin's version of the story is pretty much confirmed as a huge exaggeration, based on the fact that she's lied about this shit time and time again. You only heard about the finger being pointed at Gira because he's such a big musical figure.

Literally every account of someone working with her describes her as a total lunatic, in many different ways. You can google this for yourself. She's a mess of a person. Since Gira is the only lucid person who has described the event, his is the literally the only version of events we can assume is believable.
>>
>>65732788
>his is the literally the only version of events we can assume is believable.

Larkin being insane has nothing to do with her testimony being unreasonable or impossible.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2491) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2491
>>65732845
>>
>>
>>65732326
to be fair we have no idea why she did that, and I do recall her being blasted among the support.
>>
>>65732845
Except it absolutely does based on all of the reasons I just gave, retard.

She has falsely accused numerous people of rape, and there is evidence she has threatened others that she'd do so. Even against Gira, IIRC. You can check his wife's Facebook for that.
>>
>>65732897
Probably because it outed her as the psychopathic, destructive fuck that she is.

Some of her music is good though.
>>
>>65732845
>Somebody being unreasonable doesn't have anything to do with her being unreasonable
i'm not a loony MRA but this just straight doesn't make sense dude, people do fucking mental shit all of the time.
>>
he isn't a rapist
>>
>>65732845
you fucking idiot lmao read this post back to yourself
>>
>>65732900
Exactly. I always try to give victims of sexual assault the benefit of the doubt and I definitely don't start searching for things to invalidate them, but basically everything that emerged about her afterwards cast her whole story into doubt. Continuously falsely accusing other people of rape will make every subsequent accusation look less and less real.
>>
>>65732788
>It clearly was consensual
i don't care what kind of issues larkin grimm has. you don't consent to being borked in your sleep.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.