[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post an album that would be the perfect soundtrack to your favourite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 628x628
Post an album that would be the perfect soundtrack to your
favourite novel

Slint -spiderland
The wasp factory by Ian banks
>>
>>65731393
I read half of Wasp Factory in a bookstore and didn't like it... I was a teenager, so maybe it was immaturity, but I went in hoping for a really transgressive, fucked up novel, but actually reading it, the story was just way too mundane.
>>
The Wedding Present - Seamonsters
Patrick Suskind - Perfume
>>
>>65731447
the ending was super fucked up to my 16 year old mind

you get a nice shamalamadingdong tvist
>>
Failure - Fantastic Planet
Ray Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles
>>
>>65731473
hmm, maybe I'll have to give it another go
>>
I can't think of one for Hamlet at all, but Pinkerton and Catcher in the Rye is fairly obvious.
>>
REM - Fables of the Reconstruction
William Faulkner - The Sound and the Fury
>>
>Gone Girl
>Gone Girl Soundtrack

nah but really
>Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
>St Vincent - Actor on Amy's chapters

>Pet Sematary by Stephen King
>after the truck part, Swans - The Seer
>>
>>65731473
The thing about the disabled French girl I find almost more disturbing than the ending
>>
>>65731543
>Pet Sematary

This one is such an enjoyable read, but when near the end it's all quickly explained as a generic zombie story it's hard not to be pissed at King again.
>>
Remain in Light and American Psycho.

Invisible Touch or Sports are the obvious choices but I think Remain in Light's lyrics fit the book's themes better.
>>
Giacomo Leopardi - Operette Morali
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
>>
Faulkner - As I lay Dying
Richard Dawson - The Magic Bridge

can't listen to music while reading though, desu
>>
>>65731934
Same it completely distracts me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.