[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album? I really enjoyed it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: touristhistory.jpg (57 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
touristhistory.jpg
57 KB, 500x488
Thoughts on this album? I really enjoyed it
>>
I thought it was shit if I'm honest. One catchy song, I've forgotten the name, their big hit. I liked that one.
>>
>>65729351
always got these guys confused with 21 pilots. all i know is they're both shit
>>
>>65729366
what you know?
>>
>>65729389
i dont know dude i just told u ive forgotten the name
>>
pretty decent but no more
>>
they're alright pop rock. 2nd album sounded like a shitty version of the first one, which seems to be a recurring theme for these types of bands.
>>
>>65729389
That's not me.

>>65729389
Yeah that's the one. 'Something good can work' is okay too.
>>
>>65729417
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>65729428
yeh second album was definitely worse
>>65729433
I enjoyed undercover martyn and you are not stubborn as well
>>
>>65729433
>>65729417
First one was meant for him

://///
>>
>>65729351
Seeing this album brings back all the feels because it hit the spring I graduated from college and the generally upbeat vibe of the album fit that time perfectly.

The same is true of Foster The People's first album. My girlfriend and I listened the shit out of these two albums that summer as we road tripped across the South and New England.

I guess what adds to the feels is that both bands were so utterly forgettable and are now both neck-deep in "where are they now" territory.

2010 gave us shit like MBDTF and The Suburbs, 2012 had some comfy classics like On The Water and Gossamer, and 2013 was probably the best year in music of the 2010s thus far on the back of Yeezus, Random Access Memories, Shaking The Habitual, and Reflektor alone.

But 2011 was really a year of simple, in the moment, forgettably upbeat indie pop, and bookended by the more significant stuff that came later, it just has that pull for me.

8/10, with 2 points given for nostalgia alone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.