[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Pimp A Butterfly/Kendrick Lamar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 846x846
This is one of the greatest Hip-Hop album in a long time.
Thoughts on this future classic.
>>
hip hop is amazingly stagnant and repetitive but that album is dope, I personally think scifi/cyberpunk rap is the future.
>>
It sucked at first but it eventually grew on me. Definitely a dope album
>>
madvillainy or gkmc are better imho but tpab is good too
>>
imho muh kang i agree wit dat viewpoint, def luv d album, summat inspirashunal matrl 2 look ^ 2... i luh kendrake
>>
File: FORSAKEN (C) 1914.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FORSAKEN (C) 1914.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
try again
>>
>>65728478
xD
>>
>>65728221
But its already a classic anon
>>
I only really enjoyed Alright

Everything else was kind of boring, including his former two albums as well.
>>
>>65728221

Hi, I'm your local nigger removal teclinician.

Need a hand with that? First time's free, here's hoping they won't be back
>>
WE WUZ the album
>>
>>65729654
the only thing that matters is production and flow, not lyrical themes
>>
File: 20160616_170403.jpg (2 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
20160616_170403.jpg
2 MB, 4608x2592
>>65728504
>unfinished unmastered
>album

Pick one buddy
>>
>>65728221
tell me the good songs and i'll give it a listen nigger
>>
>>65730070
Patrician anon is patrician
>>
Honestly (And i know i'm gonna be called a pleb for this) it's one of my favorite albums of all time. I just can't name a single song on it that i don't enjoy.
>>
fucking shitty interludes, these walls, u, momma, all shit, six shitty tracks to go
>>
>>65728478
amazing
>>
hood politics, shit
>>
>>65730391
???
listen to it and find out for yourself dont ask to be spoonfed
>>
>>65730671
on first listen so much was shit tho, overrated as fuck
>>
i like six songs on this overrated pretentious piece of shit, jesus christ
>>
>>65730070
And it's a 6/10 in that department
>>
>>65730912
agreed as well.
>>
THIS
>>
Best song?

>Wesley's Theory
>>
>>65730954
that's not Alright.
>>
>>65730070
Except the lyrics are the most important part of this album...
>>
Which song was it where he didnt like the homeless man but the homeless man turned out to be Jesus Christ or some shit? My God that shit was so corny. I don't get how one can't cringe to that shit.
>>
>>65730954
Yes
>>
I love the album so much. One of my favorites of all time probably, but I still can't make that judgement since it's too early.
>>
>>65728221
this album has absolutely zero replay value. it focuses too much on lyrics and not on production. the first listen is the best listen, more listens make it boring.
>>
File: PAXNUnL[1].jpg (134 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PAXNUnL[1].jpg
134 KB, 600x600
I prefer the original over the remake.
>>
>see me on the front cover of the magazine
>winning... sheen

What the fuck? I thought this was supposed to be some political lyrical masterpiece or something?
>>
>>65730954

These Walls or Blacker the Berry
>>
>>65730697
> forming an opinion on an album after a single listen

L M F A O get the fuck out pleb
>>
>>65732275
this sounds absolutely nothing like TPAB. I'm sure you meant to post this
>>
>>65732965
I see you adhere to the stockholm syndrome method of listening...
>>
>>65732231
>it focuses too much on lyrics and not on production
He brought out live bands to do production on like almost all of the tracks, fuck are you talking about? Listen to the first song on the album and tell me it's lyric focused
>>
>>65729654
"Hey guys, I'm visiting from /pol/, a respected board full of reasonable people. I never listened to this album, but I sure do have an opinion!"
>>
>>65732965
No
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.