[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is his greatest song?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1
File: bob dylan.jpg (72 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
bob dylan.jpg
72 KB, 500x648
what is his greatest song?
>>
Sad eyed lady of the lowlands
There is no disputing this
>>
If You See Her, Say Hello
>>
it ain't me babe
>>
Idiot Wind
there is no disputing this
>>
>>65723761
Desolation Row
>>
>>65723795
But Visions of Johanna is the best song on the album.
>>
Too many but the best version of any of his sons is its all over now baby blue from the "Royal Albert hall" album. The whole acoustic set in general is the best piece of music put on a recording
>>
Mr. Tambourine man
>>
>>65723825
Ok there is some disputing me you have a point that song is perfect.
But I still think sad eyes lady of the lowlands is my favorite. One of the most amazingly surreal and bizarre love songs ever written.
>>
>>65723871
this
or
>>65723825
this
>>
>>65723833
That whole album is my favorite Dylan album. The acoustic disc is so beautiful and intimate and the electric disc is so hectic and ferocious. It's the best live recording I've ever heard of anyone.
>>
All along the watchtower
>>
The best post 75 moments from Dylan are underrated imo. Every Grain of Sand, Mississippi, Highwater (for Charley Patton), Ring Them Bells, Most of the Time, etc are all underrated as Dylan songs can be.
>>
>>65723874
I totally agree. What I think makes it even better is that this woman would later divorce him, leading to another masterpiece of his.
>>
It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding or It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
>>
ITS ALRIGHT MA, IM ONLY SIGHINGGGG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYajHZ4QUVM
>>
>>65724030
I remember showing this to my guitar teacher (who openly disliked Dylan) and he said he was impressed.
>>
Love minus zero over no limit. Also my fav YouTube video

http://youtu.be/Lc6HcA6kEJc
>>
>>65723930
Don't forget Blind Willie McTell. One of the best songs to come out of his 80s period and one of his best ever and it wasn't even released for a decade.
>>
Tombstone Blues
>>
>>65724131
Yeah, good call on that one. I honestly think if you bunched all the great Dylan songs together after his "classic" era ended you'd be able to make an album/playlist as good as anything from the 60s or Blood on the Tracks.
>>
I just watched Don't Look Back, documentary about Dylan's European Tour in '65.

Some really cool scenes of him just hanging out in hotel rooms playing songs with Donovan, Joan Baez and a bunch of other people. A lot of funny shit too like him trashing Time Magazine to a guy writing an article about him for it and Flipping out cause someone broke in his crew broke a bottle in the street and almost got into a fight.
>>
>>65724164
Watch No Direction Home and I'm Not There next, if you're a Dylan freak.
>>
>>65724173
Has eat this document ever been released?
>>
>>65724190
In bootleg form. It's good, but in all honestly I prefer No Direction Home over it as a chronicle of his 66 period. Neither are that informative though if you've read a Dylan biography.
>>
Don't think twice it's alright
>>
>>65724076
how do you openly dislike dylan? guy has universal appeal
>>
>>65724510
>guitar teacher

Probably a pretentious metal/prog fan. Although I know plenty of people who hate him for his voice.
>>
Like A Rolling Stone, Mr Tambourine Man, Visions of Johanna, Tangled Up In Blue, Love Minus Zero/No Limit, and Desolation Row are the top contenders.
>>
>>65724627
I used to dislike his voice. It's definitely an acquired taste.
>>
>>65724028
>It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
fucking
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
AND YOU KNOOOOWWSS SOMETHINGS HAPPENING BUT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT IIISSS.

DO YOU

MISTER JONES?
>>
knockin on heaven's door or tangled up in blue
>>
>>65724510
My dad hates Dylan bc he never listens to the lyrics of any song.
>>
>>65724940
i showed my dad the basement tapes and he liked it
>>
>>65724997
The Band is a good way to get people who don't like Dylan's voice into his music.
>>
No doubt It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
>>
>>65723761
Like a Rolling Stone, live 1966 is objectively GOAT
>>
i like Lay Lady Lay
>>
When i listen to knocking on heavens door, all I can think is in the fucking guns and roses cover btw it's not a good song
>>
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
>>
>>65725762
this is right, +1 if you also pick the live 1966 version
>>
come as you are. nirvana 4 life
>>
>>65723871
this
>>
IT'S A HARD RAIIIIIIIINNN'S A GONNA FAAAALLL
>>
>>65724030
This desu
>>
Boots of Spanish Leather
>>
positively 4th street
POWER GAP
queen jane approximately
>>
It's alright ma or masters of war
>>
>>65723761
ballad of a thin man
>>
>>65723817
Yeah, probably
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRRK6pLOE_Q
>>
I dunno. Blowin in the Wind?
>>
I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine or Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
>>
Positively 4th Street
>>
>>65723820
this
>>
>>65723820
Only answer desu
>>
>>65724914
Ok chase
>>
>>65731745
>I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine

Do you even like Bob Dylan? There's no way that's your favorite song by him.
>>
Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again is my favorite, but Desolation Row and Sad-Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands are great too
>>
>Caring this much about lyrics
It's called "MUSIC" for a reason.
And even if you put complex lyrics in your song. Make it interesting.
>>
my vote. even if it is not the best it is definitely the most underrated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqGUBP3Cx0
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.