[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"desperate fart of a dying corpse" >AMSP is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 299x169
>"desperate fart of a dying corpse"
>AMSP is now on Spotify

What did Thom Yorke mean by this?
>>
It doesn't matter because Radiohead is complete shit.

Giving their garbage music more than 2 seconds of your time is a waste.

I sincerely pity anyone that listens to Radiohead.
>>
>>65723677
Damn...

But srsly, what did Thom Yorke mean by this?
>>
>>65723677
>wasted dubs on cuck who comes in a thread about an artist who he dislikes just to shit talk him/her/they

damn...
>>
>>65723698
Oh he hates Spotify with a passion and thinks music streaming and the way record labels are organized is going to die very soon. The new model for music purchasing and streaming will be like bandcamp in the future probably.
>>
Probably was the record company's decision more than theirs. They did technically sign up for their first real record contract since leaving EMI in 2005 or so iirc, so this could be one stipulation. It also explains why they released a single for sale before the album dropped (which they never do anymore)
>>
>>65723771
But they had to power to remove In Rainbows from Spotify. Also, they didn't release any singles from TKOL.
>>
>>65723971
Different label, different contract as far as In Rainbows goes
>>
>>65724213
A different contract? You just said they signed a real record contract in 2005, and IR came out in 2007. What do you mean exactly?

Also, TKOL was released from Ticker Tape, a vanity label set up by the band itself. Shouldn't that give them even more power to remove TKOL from Spotify?
>>
>>65723971
In Rainbows is back on Spotify as of last week
>>
>>65725049
I know, my point was that they had the power to remove IR at one point in history.
>>
His whole point was in regards to how musicians get a payout from these streaming services, so the likely option (and reason it took so long for it to show up in the first place) was that Radiohead had the bargaining power to actually get a reasonable slice of income from the streaming sales of the album. Doesn't necessarily negate his earlier point.
>>
>>65725099
The rights were only transferred recently, as in sometime in 2016 I believe. At one point they had the power to remove it because at one point they didn't have a deal with XL. They do now.
>>
>>65725157
>so the likely option (and reason it took so long for it to show up in the first place) was that Radiohead had the bargaining power to actually get a reasonable slice of income from the streaming sales of the album
What do you mean by this? By delaying the release of the album on Spotify, Radiohead get more money?
>>
>>65725165
Wasn't IR released on XL? Why were the rights transferred only recently?
>>
>>65725185

No, I mean it took them that long to strike up a deal that they were satisfied with.
>>
how can a corpse be dying
>>
>>65725213
So would Thom Yorke be selling out? "I don't like Spotify, so I made a protest against Spotify by removing a few albums, but now that I have a contract that gives me more money, then nvm it's ok lol"
>>
>>65724300
He meant they haven't been on one since 2005 (that's when they left EMI), and now they've finally got another one.
>>
>>65725249

I think that an argument could be made either way, but I'm too tired to drum up my points about why it's not selling out. It's probably some kind of a gray area.
>>
>>65723677

where did thommy touch you, honey?
>>
>>65725207
In Rainbows was released on XL but TKOL wasn't. I think only the back catalog transferred or something.

I dunno man literally just google "radiohead xl recordings 2016" jesus christ
>>
>>65725452
It was rhetorical question. Poorly timed rhetorical question i admit. Both IR and tkol were released on xl
>>
anyone got a piano tab for true love waits?
>>
>>65725532
Theres a youtube vid of a cover of tlw that shows the piano keys played
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.