[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is no one talking about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: swans-the-glowing-man.jpg (144 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
swans-the-glowing-man.jpg
144 KB, 960x960
Why the fuck is no one talking about this?
>>
>>65720847
It's derivative boring shit
>>
hip hop is the only good genre
>>
its bad
>>
It sucks
>>
>>65720847
It hasn't been officially released yet
>>
There was a lot of discussion when it leaked, and I imagine there will be more when it officially comes out (tomorrow).
I just listened to it, really enjoyed it. Might be my favorite of their three new albums, it's like the best droning tribal parts of The Seer and the best aggressive parts of TBK, with a more straightforward approach and less filler. Feels focused, even on the more ambient/experimental parts like in Cloud of Forgetting, where some parts of TS and TBK seemed a little aimless.
Favorite parts may be the loud drone in Cloud of Forgetting (feel like it's the closest a recording can get to their monolithic live sound, if you play it loudly enough) and the groove in The Glowing Man.
>>
>>65721007
>the groove in The Glowing Man
Does it surpass the groove in Seer Returns or A Little God In My Hands? Because that shit is so funky that I could smell the doodoo from a while away
>>
i dont listen to swans
>>
It leaked. I'm waiting until tomorrow though.
>>
ITS

SHIT
>>
>>65721083
You're missing out. Pretty good.
>>
The crescendo thing in Cloud of Unknowing is a top 3 Swans moment, easily. I don't remember it at all from the live version when it was still "I Forget".

>>65721072
It's probably their grooviest song ever, if you've seen them live recently you may remember it from the endless repeated bass riff where the other instruments except drums cut out except for volume swells.
>>
I guess no one is talking about it because it leaked awhile ago.
I listened to the leak once and loved it but decided to wait until the release to hear it again.
I'm listening to it again and it's stunning.
>>
I feel weird but I feel like it's their "prettiest" album. The Seer and TK (and God knows most of their older stuff) were twisted and menacing, but this has a lot of consonant moments. The pianos and female vocals on some tracks are a really nice addition.
A lot of religious references too, I'm interested to see what people make of the lyrics when it's being discussed more widely.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.