[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a drum machine can play the drums better than any drummer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1413064315180.jpg (59 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1413064315180.jpg
59 KB, 600x663
>a drum machine can play the drums better than any drummer
>>
If you're talking about keeping in time then why wouldn't a computer be better?
>>
>>65719905
no human feeling, guess it depends on type of music but yea
>>
File: 4444.jpg (33 KB, 252x204) Image search: [Google]
4444.jpg
33 KB, 252x204
>>65720150
you can make drums sound human on a drum machine just listen to j dilla
>>
>>65720170
didn't j dilla only use samples?
>>
>>65720170
>you can make drums sound human on a drum machine
more like listen to death grips
>>
>>65720150
That's untrue. A drum machine can sound incredibly human, it's just tedious and requires lots of experience to do so, at least compared to actual drumming which is instant, visceral. With a drum machine you must immolate articulation which is the difficult part
>>
>>65720170
>>65720268
yea but can a drum machine react to group dynamics with the other players in the band? there is a whole spectrum of subtleties and slight temp and feel changes that are hallmarks of all great live performances throughout the years

just my opinion i guess, mabye i'm too old fashioned
>>
>>65721136
*tempo and feel changes
>>
>>65719870
this is literally akin to saying, "a computer can play a piano better than a human! LoL!"

"a computer can play 40 notes at once! LoL!"

not thinking that anything actually WORTH playing has and can be done by a human composing it. you've never listened to anything and thought, "gee this is really empty, wish they used a computer to fill in all the notes that 10 fingered human can't play"

just apply this example to things like speed, precision, and consistently and you'll realize why you're a troll bait-tard OP
>>
>>65721235
but i greentexted it, that means i'm mocking it
>>
>>65721136
If you're using a drum machine live, you're probably playing some sort of brutal death metal for an audience of 7 people and you probably don't care too much about tempo change or dynamics
>>
>>65721323
or your making almost any electronic music, or new wave, or hip hop
>>
>>65721323
>brutal death metal

uhh no people use drum machine lives literally all the time
>>
File: Atomizer.jpg (179 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Atomizer.jpg
179 KB, 600x600
>>65719870
Pic related, enough said.
>>
File: 1465287936624.png (636 KB, 527x598) Image search: [Google]
1465287936624.png
636 KB, 527x598
>band has two drum machines
>>
>>65721235
and also to elaborate on this, consider that a human being is still a more incredible "machine" then any computer yet build,

and furthermore, check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmTky0hMszY

believe me when I say half of the fun of playing OR listening to a "drummer" comes from the fact that these rhythms and variations are being SPONTANEOUSLY generated "on the spot' as opposed to "programmed" in advance,

its the same attraction as having a conversation with an author in addition to or opposed to reading what they've already written
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.