[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the G string the hardest to tune?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Why is the G string the hardest to tune?
>>
It's the thickest non-wound string, so it goes out of tune easier
>>
>>65712446
Because your gf wears it and she complains about it all the time.
>>
Jagmaster when?
>>
>>65712446
cause it's the string you bend the most in rock.blues based crap.
>>
>>65712446
goodness the jagstang is hideous
>>
>>65712518
lol dood, dont u mean yer mom
>>
>>65712566
I don't think I've ever seen anyone play one with the exception of Courtney Love.
>>
>>65712594
Molly Rankin plays a red one sometimes.
>>
>>65712623
I thought it was just a regular Mustang?
>>
>>65712594
The guitarist in R.E.M. played it
>>
Idk but it's easy to finger A minor
>>
>>65712681
In their KEXP vid she has a red jagstang. Can't recall if she uses it the whole time or not.
>>
>>65712564
You just described a Mustang you piece of trash.
>>
>>65712446
Jazzmaster > Jaguar > Mustang > Jag-Stang
>>
>>65712446
> not using a wounded g string
>>
>>65712594
the dude from UMO plays one too
>>
because you didn't stretch it properly

or because you should lubricate your nut or string tree

or because it's pretty easy esp on staggered pole pieces strats for one of the pickups to be too high, making the string warble bc of the magnet
>>
Pro tip, if you can't decide whether to tune it higher or lower because it just doesn't sound right, tune it a hair lower and it's perfect.
>>
you didn't stretch the strings enough. like you literally have to pull up on each string when you put a new set on and stretch them out a bit so they hold their tuning. get a tuner, stretch a string out (lay the guitar flat, pull string away from fretboard), tune, stretch them out, tune, etc, until you get the tuning where it's relatively stable. be careful doing this with the top B and E strings, they break easily.
>>
>>65713581
>wounded
>>
>>65713581
>>
1. >>65712499
2. Its pitch falls within the tonal range to which human ears are the most sensitive.
3. Compromises with the intonation causing the G-string (and to a lesser extent, the B-string) to go sharper the further away you get from the nut
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.