[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do dad rock faggots continue to deny Led Zeppelin's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: led-zeppelin.jpg (92 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
led-zeppelin.jpg
92 KB, 618x412
Why do dad rock faggots continue to deny Led Zeppelin's plagiarism?
>>
>>65712297
who gives le shit rite?
>>
>>65712318
this

dad rock is irrelevant as fuck
>>
>>65712351
it's less about the shitty dad rock and more about the dozens of blues/folk artists they ripped off and who never got proper credit
>>
>Modern artist makes a song around a sample
No talent, stealing other people's work
>Led Zeppelin take a whole song and claim it as their own
It's part of the tradition, they're still the greatest band of all time

Dads will defend this
>>
>>65712394
What's more, at least the sampled artists get paid for their work. How much are you betting Jake Holmes didn't receive a penny from Dazed and Confused?
>>
>>65712297
All blues is massively derivative. Anyone who claims Led Zep stole from them just took it from someone else in the first place.
>>
Led Zeppelin are a bunch of faggots but I doubt Clapton and the trillion other shitty blues rock bands got permission from the people they ripped off/covered.
>>
>>65712548
kys if you think that way
>>
>>65712574
What, you think The Kinks called up Howlin' Wolf when they ripped off Smokestack Lightning?
>>
>>65712458
>All blues is massively derivative

Yet they still ripped off many of their contemporaries
>>
>>65712297
no one denies it, most people just don't care because they like the Zep versions more anyway
>>
>>65712394
this
>>
>>65712548
Most of those other bands' cover songs were just b-sides, unlike Zeppelin who based their entire career off of """"reworking"""" """blues standards"""
>>
Honestly, I don't really care if they plagiarized, I like them because they sound good and are a little bit nostalgic.
>>
>>65712297
>caring about dad rock or blues

They're both shit and irrelevant.
>>
>>65712297
I'm not denying that Led Zeppelin ripped people off.
But have you heard Dazed And Confused or Stairway To Heaven? Those rip offs are amazing.
>>65712394
I support sampling. It's all about the end result, not the means.
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (46 KB, 599x675) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
46 KB, 599x675
>dad rock
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.