[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Music that is too complex for most people to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: jamesferraro_750x450.jpg (195 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
jamesferraro_750x450.jpg
195 KB, 750x450
ITT: Music that is too complex for most people to get
>>
which ferraro albums we talkin here, cuz some of em are really just fuzzed out surf pop
>>
ITT: music that makes 13 year old contrarians feel smart
>>
>>65711165
all of them, especially his recent stuff (far side virtual onwards)
>>
>>
Nah, mate. In fact I think one of the best things about Ferraro is that his stuff is totally unpretentious. I mean, sure he paints a mural of the current zeitgeist, but he doesn't write dissertations or manifestos to go alongside it - and I don't think he expects his listeners to either. (unlike some of the other guys he's compared to). I think he just wants you to immerse yourself in the universe he's created.
>>
>tfw Ferraro is gonna become a meme because he's making classical music now
>>
>lo-fi vaporwave surf-pop operas
>complex
>>
>>65711283

>I didn't listen to the new album at all

-you
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (69 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
69 KB, 495x498
https://soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/ss16
>>
Kid A
>>
where is the link to new album?
>>
>>65711585
just find a dianna ross youtube video and set it to half speed
>>
>>
>>65711136
hi marcel
>>
File: 8653426968.jpg (45 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
8653426968.jpg
45 KB, 700x700
>>
File: Metal Resistance.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Metal Resistance.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>
>>65711244
I agree with you. I never really feel like he's critiquing consumerist culture and our current technological environment, just highlighting and exaggerating it. He's very good t creating a technology drenched atmosphere but it's not really negatively charged.
>>
File: CRRAH0rWcAIlfFB.jpg (23 KB, 592x366) Image search: [Google]
CRRAH0rWcAIlfFB.jpg
23 KB, 592x366
>>65713042
Can somebody tell me what is the name of this album? Reverse image search gives nothing.
>>
>>65713794
albur! - 0.02

it's absolute shit, don't even bother with it
>>
File: Ramones_-_Leave_Home_cover.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Ramones_-_Leave_Home_cover.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
I know The Ramones play simple music, but their whole 'thing' is super complex and not everyone gets it. They are more than just a music band. I can't explain, it's too complicated
>>
>>65712084
>>65711283
>judging something you didnt listen to based on your preconcieved notions
Sub 100 iq detected.
>>
>>65711561
But Kid A is simple compared to its influences
>>
>>65713833
Is it a meme or some guy viraling or what? I"ve seen it around here several times.
>>
>>65712084
>i've literally never listened to a single thing by this artist
>>
>>65713897
different guy here, i think it's viralling. i've seen it a lot too, tried to check his stuff out, it was all garbage under the pretense of free improv
>>
>>65713833
It's good, do listen to it
>>
>>65711211
My name is blurryface and I care what you think
>>
>>65713968
anon did you type this up ironically
>>
FERTILISER I'LL TAKE BULL SHIT IF THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT
>>
>muh consumerism
>muh buzzwords over Sims music
>>
>>65715635

Human Story 3 is music that is more advanced than 90 percent of the crap /mu/ listens to. It's actual classically structured compositions, a huge step up from what he has done in the past.
>>
A few months ago I would have found this thread unecessarily elitist, however I tried introducing a few friends that are 'into music' to Ferraro, OPN and some others and the point went completely over their heads. Hell, even Fantano missed the point of Skid Row hard. This really isn't music for everybory
>>
>>65716072
>It's actual classically structured compositions
?
>>
>>65716908
the musical notes, senpai.
also it's tagged as classical ion the bandcamp, so that must mean something.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.