[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you psychologically prepared for the incoming 00s revival?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Cover.jpg (104 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
104 KB, 599x600
Are you psychologically prepared for the incoming 00s revival? we all know it will happen, it's the 20 year nostalgia cycle.
>>
id rather not
>>
i can't wait to begrudgingly enjoy some nucool
>>
>>65710916
I'm hyped for the 90s revival, I hope rock comes back and it's great again.
>>
>>
>>65710916
grunge,hardcore,alt rock revival coming soon
>>
>>65712364
Hey, 21 Pilots.
I love that band
>>
>>65710916
how can we have a 00s revival? a revival revival? would that be like a revival of revivalism or a revival of the revivals that already happened, so like another degree of separation from the originals?
>>
>>65710916
The 30 year cycle is definately more relevant.

>1980s
Back to the future
Happy days
Elvis costello
Stray Cats
Short hair
Checkerboard patterns

>1990
Long hair/grunge
Austin Powers
Woodstock '94 and '99
Beatles anthology

>2000s
Nu Disco
The Darkness / Jet
Bell bottoms
Garage rock revival
Afros

>2010s
Rayban sunglasses
New wave
Synth pop
Steel Panther

And so on
>>
>>65712849
Kid a was revival? Arcade fire? Sufjan stevens? Newsom? Tim Hecker?
And this is only the most famous stuff.
>>
>>65712627
Have you heard "Stressed Out?" It's pretty great.
>>
>>65710916
>20 year nostalgia cycle
still at least 4 years off and i think it's more like a 30 year nostalgia cycle
>>
>>65710916
>>65712990
>>65713285
the nostalgia cycle is generational, so about 25 years.
>>
>>65713285
>>65713558
These. In 4 years after Trump has destroyed America as we knew it people will definitely be nostalgic for things like running water and electricity and start listening to old cd's of old music since the internet will also be down nationwide.
>>
>>65713694
you have to go back
>>
>>65714005
technically he belongs off of /pol/ with that opinion
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.