[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artists you can't stand and why: For me, it's Pink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 71m0ofUWYXL._SL1300_.jpg (239 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
71m0ofUWYXL._SL1300_.jpg
239 KB, 1300x1300
Artists you can't stand and why:

For me, it's Pink Floyd. I've tired getting into them multiple times, and I guess I can say that The Wall is good, but it is so disjointed and the narrative of the story just becomes jumbled.

I believe that there is a give and take with longer tracks. I just can't stand endless instrumental sprawling with no real reward or highlights. For example, on "Shine on Your Crazy Diamond (I-V), the long instrumental opening is really atmospheric and sets a great, melancholic and almost eerie tone for an album dedicated to the band's founder who lost his sanity....but then the lyrics come in...and it's like a seventh grader wrote them. It's not passionate, urgent or emotive in the slightest. All that build up...for just disappointment. With all the music out today and limited time in the day to listen to it all, I'd prefer my ending reaction to a longer track to be positive and not "Ehh" or "wow that went south."
>>
File: shit.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
I love Pink Floyd, but I see where you're coming from. I guess it just resonates with some people and not others, I guess they aren't really the band to "entertain" but rather to seep in and just create an atmosphere.

The one band I really can't stand is Oasis though.
>>
I will never understand Oasis
>>
Chance the Rapper.

Struggle bars.
>>
>>65710829
>>65710813
Literally a Beatles rip off and they even admit it.
>>
>>65710860
But they're such a bad one.

Bland too.
>>
>>65710946
I feel like they just copied the pop sensibilities and aspects and didn't bother with any of the musical explorations that made the later Beatles albums so acclaimed (and ultimately so unique)
>>
>>65710988
I wouldn't even care if they didn't experiment, they could at least use a genuine rock sound that didn't sound massively overproduced like their fellow labelmates Teenage Fanclub
>>
>>65710759
Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!

Does that really strike you as immature? Seems on par with most lyrics in the genre. Anyway I never had a problem with it, to each his own
>>
>>65710838
Anthony stop
>>
File: The-Velvet-Underground-010[1].jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The-Velvet-Underground-010[1].jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
"can't stand" would be too harsh, but I find them really unremarkable and dull aside from some songs from their self titled album (not the banana one)
>>
>>65711119
Admittedly that without the music the lyrics can sound a little pretentious when it comes to Floyd, but I feel the music and imagery always helped - especially in the context of their history (references to Barrett, etc.)
>>
>>65711119
I just felt like it's just no on par with the song lyrics of Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Van Morrison, and Bob Dylan

but maybe i'm just being a little harsh. Perhaps it was the delivery I don't enjoy more than the lyrics.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.