[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sorry /mu/ I just don't see a way that Soundtracks for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 658x658
sorry /mu/ I just don't see a way that Soundtracks for the Blind could possibly be better than To Be Kind, The Seer, Filth or Cop. What's so fantastic about it???
>>
Everything.
>>
>>65709435
I'll try it again but there's no way an album with Yum-Yab Killers could possibly win me over as much as the seer
>>
>>65710022
stop posting, mr hella-fuxking-epic
>>
Soundtracks is stylistically, emotionally, conceptually, and formally more diverse, complex, and honest than any other Swans album.
>>
To Be Kind and The Seer present a single atmosphere or overall concept, and Soundtracks is like a collage of terrifying sounds and atmospheres that makes it super enthralling to listen to, even at 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>65709367
literally every single thing
>>65710022
that track is better than the best track on any of their other albums, idiot. if you think theres anything bad about it you don't get swans and don't deserve to listen to them
>>
>>65709367
You're a fucking idiot.
The subtle nuances filled all throughout Soundtracks. It's incredible dynamic range without being either one thing or the other. It's a fucking glorious piece of music from start to finish and anything but a collection of post-rock songs. The Seer is amazing but TBK and TGM show that Gira ran out of ideas with the current line up.
>we will never get another album as detailed as Soundtracks from Gira
>he won't even throw us a bone and play Helpless Child at their shows
There isn't a single song Swans have done with their current lineup that tops Helpless Child.
>>
>>65710212
>TBK and TGM show that Gira ran out of ideas with the current line up.

that's kind of what he's been doing since the no wave era, he takes an idea, makes 2 or 3 albums with it and then moves on
>>
it's a case of throwing everything at a wall and hoping it sticks

all of it stuck

it took 13 years for those sounds to be formed into something that makes a cohesive album.

SFTB is just epic and an emotional outpouring and a celebration of skill and form, it's majestic
>>
>>65710022
Yum-Yab Killers is a goat track though
>>
>>65710270
Yea except their was a natural evolution with those albums.
>cop was a heavier more abrasive take on the no wave presented on Filth
>Greed and Holy Money was a more melodic take on the No wave presented in Cop
>Children of God took the melodic sound of Greed and Holy Money and revolved around it allowing Gira to create an entirely new style of songwriting to present to his audience
>White Light/Love of Life/Burning World/Great Annihilator while a bit stagnate still pushed that songwriting element even further
>Soundtracks is a complete fucking left hook and annihilated any expectations you could have had of them at the time
>>
>>65710082
Dude just stop posting you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>65710318
I wouldnt say throwing everything at a wall, more like carefully handpicking sounds from a 13 year long collection of sounds and THEN throwing them at a wall and hoping they stick.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.