[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_muw7lyH8Gd1sbf4sbo1_1280.png (856 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muw7lyH8Gd1sbf4sbo1_1280.png
856 KB, 1280x856
What is their best album?
>>
Obviously Daydream Nation
>>
Daydream Nation obviously
>>
Goo
>>
Sister is easily my favorite

>>65706965
>>65706972
put away your Rolling Stone and actually try listening to their albums to form your own opinion
>>
>>65707113
>actually pretending to like inferior albums more than their obviously superior counterparts just so you don't seem like a "drone"
Literal retard. Also Sister is the worst of their 80s albums.
>>
>>65707162
nice pleb logic, faggot
if you deny Sister is one of their strongest releases, yet claim that the album right after it that's in a similar style is their best, it's proof that you don't know their music at all. You're just shitting on Sister because I upset you. Keep crying, faggot, but when you finish actually try listening to their records
>>
>>65707113
>put away your Rolling Stone and actually try listening to their albums to form your own opinion
I've heard their whole discography multiple times, Daydream Nation is actually their best imo. Also I don't read Rolling Stone and never have.
>Sister is easily my favorite
That's my second favourite. I don't know what the other guy is talking about. EVOL comes in at a close 3rd place.
>>
>>65707299
ah, fair enough
>>
>>65707245
Lol are you seriously getting this angry over opinions on a Cambodian hardwood preservation forum? Sister is the worst of their 80s albums because it literally just sounds like a weaker version of Daydream Nation, all their other albums from that period have their own unique sound which makes them stand out from each other, I can understand picking any one of those as your favourite but ranking Sister over DDN makes no sense to me.

>>65707299
>I don't know what the other guy is talking about
My opinion of the album Sister by Sonic Youth, specifically in relation to the remaining Sonic Youth albums released between the years of 1980 and 1989 :^)
>>
>>65707390
>My opinion of the album Sister by Sonic Youth, specifically in relation to the...
No shit, but Sister has some of the best Sonic Youth songs ever on it.
>>
Sister is on my top10
>>
>>65706889
To me, Washing Machine. Honestly, that's their only album I like.
>>
>>65707432
Schizophrenia is really great but the rest of the album never made that much of an impression on me.
>>
best album is when they beat up nardwuar
>>
What's the story morning glory
>>
OFFICIAL SONIC YOUTH RANKING

ddn
sister
bad moon rising
EP
confusion is sex
evol
murray st
dirty
washing machine
sonic nurse
goo
thousand leaves
jet set
rather ripped
eternal
>>
>>65707535
Not even Stereo Sanctity?
>>
>>65706889
The one that isn't pompous and bland.
>>
>>65707546
They looked like assholes in those vids. Nardwuar can be an annoying little creep, but SY are a bunch of shit heads.
>>
Cofusion is sex is my fav
>>
I love Murray Street get into ittt
>>
literally who?
>>
>>65707674
yup
>>
Lol wtf, Wikipedia lists the genre for Sister as "Noise Pop"
>>
Daydream Nation

Murray Street is my favorite though if only for Rain on Tin
>>
The one where they don't sound like talentless 12 year olds.
>>
>>65707113
You think you're special for liking Sister? Stop trying to be edgy and thinking you're an expert, Sister is known as their second best to best album in a lot of lists.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.