[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gerogerigegege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Why the hell are they so well-known on /mu/ now? Seems like a lot of shitkids heard about le funny wanking jap man and are name-dropping The Gerogerigegege every chance they get. I don't mean to sound like I think popular is bad, but all these people pretending to appreciate their music and sharing it thinking that will make them "cool" is infuriating.

It all seems a little less magical to me now.

pic is my Live Greatest Hits CD.
>>
>>65705405
Gero's always been well-known here, people simply weren't talking about them much before because of their long period of inactivity

is that a pre-owned CD or did you put the obi in that ziploc bag yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>65705405
>now
>>
>>65705405
Why do you care? If you can respond to me with anything other than "actually I don't", you need to wait until your 18th birthday until you post here again.
>>
>>65705431
Pre-owned. The obi couldn't fit in the case without getting bent at the edges, so I'm just keeping it separate
>>
how nu r u?
>>
The Gerogerigegege have always been a meme band on here, but the pretense and namedropping around them in recent years mostly has to do with teenage RYM "patricians" discovering them and using them in some sort of a misguided bid to look intelligent or eclectic or whatever(which is what they always do upon latching onto a new band).
The RYM page of their newest album is hilarious, both the reviews and the comment section. That site's community is even more cancerous and insufferable than /mu/ at this point.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_gerogerigegege/%E7%87%83%E3%81%88%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E7%81%B0__moenai_hai_/
>>
>>65705405
They've been popular here since 2008. Don't think listening to them makes you special, I started listening to noise close to a decade ago when I was 13 through my friends.
>>
>>65705705
>Don't think listening to them makes you special
this projection
>>
>>65705475
Around 2 years

Not old, but not new either
>>
>>65706594
No, you're completely new mate. Pre-2010 is moderately old, pre-2008 is all-purpose-old but only pre-2006 is old. No matter how many years you're here for if if you came here after 2010 you'll never be old.
>>
>>65706594
you're new
Gero has always been a band people use to show how obscure their tastes are
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.