[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of remastering albums?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What does /mu/ think of remastering albums?
>>
Very rarely necessary
>>
what kind of dumb fucking question is that
>>
>>65705278
I think that you are new here
>>
>>65705301
>>65705291
meme'd
>>
>>65705287
On older album, it kind of is. Problem is, they fuck it up all the time. Back in the day, they didn't exactly have the best equipment to transfer tapes to digital, plus some releases are from dub tapes.
>>
>>65706127
You have a point
>>
the stereo beatles remasters annoy me to high hell
>>
Major advancements in audio technology, mono to stereo for example, justify a remaster.

If the original master is complete shit, and I mean it's got to be really bad, that also warrants a remaster.

Any other reason is probably just a money grab.
>>
>>65706167
Is it because of the stereo mix itself being so hard panned left and right or the actual remastering? Because the former I can understand but the latter I find odd because the actual sound quality of the remasters are the best they've ever sounded on CD. One of the few times remastering has been an improvement rather than a detriment imo.
I do agree though that the mono Beatles remasters sound best. The stereo mixes are panned too hard left and right and especially on the early Beatles albums it's annoying. Revolver onwards sounds pretty good in stereo though.
>>
All loudness war victims need a remaster.
>>
>>65706325
This would be nice.
>>
>>65706246
The former, it's way too skewed.
>>
>>65705278
Mono to srereo remastering is pretty cool imo....
>>
File: 1465421644497.gif (676 KB, 381x522) Image search: [Google]
1465421644497.gif
676 KB, 381x522
>>65706246
Ive been awake for 10 minutes and already see a shit opinion. Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>65705278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxP8h0SZRw&ab_channel=TheRickynow
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.