[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What album have you listened to the most times before finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg (15 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg
15 KB, 296x300
What album have you listened to the most times before finally realizing that you didn't like it?
This one took 9 tries.
>>
Why don't you like it? It's easily their most interesting album. John Cale was the true talent of the group so allowing him to go free with the dissonances was purely positive.
>>
>>65697564
I eventually just came to the conclusion that I didn't think it was as realized as the solo material from the others (something I will always vastly prefer) and although the best possible choice was for Cale to take the wheel, I found a lot of the songs to fall flat. While I do very much like Lady Godiva's Operation, it's the only song on the album I think that's worth coming back to. and the album overall is sort of a ho-hum 5.5/10.
>>
>>65697564
>one chord jam with childish lyrics for the sake of controversy
>garbage spoken word song with no purpose other than being a stereo novelty
Yeah, I'm beginning to doubt that this self-proclaimed theorist knows what he's talking about. Two gimmicks taken to the extreme make up nearly three quarters of the album. I'll never understand how anyone could consider this to be "easily their most interesting album".
>>
>>65697658
This isn't very substantive I have to say.
>>65697767
>one chord jam
What song are you talking about?
>garbage spoken word song
The development of the track is interesting, reacting towards the text.
I don't see how you can find TVU&N, which is 1/3-1/2 pop songs with edgy lyrics, and certainly their mediocre following records to be any more musically interesting than this dissonant, avantgarde rock record.
>>
This is an interesting thread premise. I will be back with my answer after I think about it.

I like WLWH, but I don't care that you didn't like it.
>>
>>65697564
really glad you adopted a trip so i can filter you
>>
TVU&N is everything this album is but way less tryhard.
>>
File: Neet Sounds.jpg (137 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Neet Sounds.jpg
137 KB, 300x300
10 times i think, plus times i didn't make it all the way through.

There's no depth here. It sounds nice in places, but the majority of the songs are slow and almost lazy. The lyrics are total garbage. It's a 3/10 at most.
>>
>>65700213
>Neet Sounds
kek
>>
File: cover.png (360 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
360 KB, 400x400
Maybe 5 times, mostly because the music were so different from anything I heard before but I can't get into it.
>>
Same here. I listened to it about a 70 times from start to finish until I realised I only liked Lady Godiva's Operation and Here she comes now. Looking back I feel pretty embarrassed that I ever thought juvenile tracks like The Gift or Sister Ray were good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.