[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listen to Piper at the Gates of Dawn >incredible chromatic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 225x224
>listen to Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>incredible chromatic songwriting
>perfect balance of whimsy and erudite composition and lyrics
>decide to check out Saucerful
>"LUCY IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY"
God fuck roger waters and his shitty music and shitty lyrics
>>
That was "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" you listened to, stupid.
>>
>Little by little the night turns around
>Counting the leaves which tremble at dawn
>Lotuses lean on each other in yearning
>Under the eaves the swallow is resting
>Song-"Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun"
>Written by Roger Waters
well, he's not a terrible songwriter...
>>
>>65691763
This

Fuck Waters. Floyd should have all an-hero'd after they fired Syd.
>>
>>65691857
Every broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
File: 1450865185120.jpg (147 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450865185120.jpg
147 KB, 600x600
Listen to this if you haven't op
>>
File: Thkkh1h.jpg (8 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
Thkkh1h.jpg
8 KB, 220x200
>>65691763
>>65691879
>>
>>65691922
I've never, ever, ever, ever seen a compelling argument for why Roger Waters was a good songwriter in Pink Floyd. The only people who respond are shitty teenagers like you who can't handle the fact that your pseudo-intellectual shite has no meaning to it. "The Gnome" is better than everything on DSOTM.
>>
>>65691939
>I want to tell you a story
>About a little man
>If I can
>A gnome named Grimble Crumble
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>65691974
>Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
>You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
>And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
>No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
DSOTM is just 14 year old "lolsodeep" embarrassment. It's not even musically compelling, just spacey shitty solos and boring melodies.
>>
PATGOD is better than anything that came after the wall, that's about it though
it isn't even syd's best work

and I've never heard a perfectly good guitar riff ruined by a band that wrongfully thinks it can jam like in interstellar overdrive
dreadful
>>
>>65692014
is it really that hard to like both?
>>
>>65692061
>it isn't even syd's best work
Post "his best work."
>and I've never heard a perfectly good guitar riff ruined by a band that wrongfully thinks it can jam like in interstellar overdrive
So are you a pleb who can't handle noise or otherwise athematic improvisations?
>>
>>65692070
I seriously have no fucking clue why people like DSOTM or WYWH.
Animals at least has that neat whole tone progression in Dogs but seriously, Roger Waters was shit at writing songs.
>>
>>65692079
his entire solo career is better than his work with floyd
and noise is simply noise, there's no depth to it, you've merely trained your ears to suffer through it so you could appear as "intellectual" as the music critics you doubtlessly idolize
>>
>>65691763
Hmmm, was planning to check out Saucerful today, as I often hear it's the closest to Piper in their discography. Piper is definitely their best, so I was hoping Saucerful would also be great. I don't hate DSotM, though, so maybe I'll be able to groove with Saucerful a bit more.

I just hope that we can all agree that Atom Heart Mother is a steaming pile of garbage.
>>
>>65692263
Not him but...you're one of those. What are you doing in a board like this?
>>
>>65692094
>Animals at least has that neat whole tone progression in Dogs
Care to explain? Not doubting you, just interested in having a better understanding, since I'm a bit of a neophyte when it comes to theory
>>
>>65692263
>his entire solo career is better than his work with floyd
Listened to Barrett. Way too weak a voice. Way too derivative compositions.
>and noise is simply noise, there's no depth to it, you've merely trained your ears to suffer through it so you could appear as "intellectual" as the music critics you doubtlessly idolize
You sound like an oldfag who doesn't know anything about 20th century music.
>>
>>65692356
Well it's actually not a whole-tone progression, I should have relistened to it.
First chord is F7, second chord is Bb, third chord is Bmin, fourth chord is some derivation of Bb.
I don't know why I had remembered it as whole tone.
>>
>>65692427
Gotcha, thanks man.

Also, relistening to Piper. Love the bassline on Chapter 24.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.