[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: wom.jpg (13 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
wom.jpg
13 KB, 220x220
>>
>>65685898
I liked it when I was a teen, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. It was important for getting me into music and I do think it's a well constructed, well written album. Probably a combination of overplay, and just how fucking godawful they got, have put me off over the years and I haven't listened in a long time as a result. Feel the same about Absolution.
>>
>>65685898
Fantastic album as well as showbiz and absolution. BHAR was decent. Everything after was a mistake
>>
>>65685959
>>65686174
I keep seeing everyone redoes the same statement on Muse's discography being shit after the first three albums.

Can anyone actually say what was wrong with albums like Drones and 2nd Law?
>>
>>65685898
pretty good album, I like it a good deal and still do, it helped me get into more music.
Their first four albums are solid, The Resistance and The 2nd Law have some good songs and so does Drones but the lyrics are so bad on Drones that you can't ignore them.
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (79 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
79 KB, 900x900
>>65686219
>UNSUS-SUS-SUSTAINABLE *le robot guitarstep dance*
>M-M-M-MADNESS
>BOW CHIKA WOW WOW BOOM A FUCKIN PSYCHO *cringe sample*

muse are a fucking joke now
>>
>>65686219
They're fucking awfully written albums that have either no or very ham-fisted ideas of how structuring an album works.
The lyrics are literally laughable
2nd Law at least has a few choons, but man, they've really eaten shit hard the last few years
>>
>>65686219
>Awful lyrics that are trying to be too deep
>muh dubstep
>u guise le govt is evil!!!1!!
>ditching any progressive musical ideas for rock anthems and ballads

Just some of the reasons I hate those albums
>>
It has some great songs, but overall it's an okay album
>>
This is a fantastic album, only people hating on this are the ones that didn't bother to listen to it, or just insecure Radiohead fans.
>>
Not a bad album but if I had to recommend it to someone who has never listened to Muse before, I would tell them to never ever listen to anything they put out after this.
>>
>>65685898
The worlds most average band
>>
>>65686602
i really like OoS but everything after Absolution is mediocre or worse, so I'd put them below average
>>
>>65687619
I only heard the first few so it might go downhill like you say.

For some reason the fans I now are all really into them and I'm not really sure why
>>
>>65686219
actually their fourth one is the last ok one, their first is just so mediocre that it constantly gets forgotten
>>
don't mind me

just posting their best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seNrC4_5Xxs
>>
>>65685959
Pretty much this
They are still great live band though

>>65688229
>not stockholm Syndrome
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.