[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Highschool:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11
File: Like a virgin losing a child.jpg (126 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Like a virgin losing a child.jpg
126 KB, 1280x1280
Post an album that sums up (represents/ was your favorite) highschool. Simply, what is your highschool album?

Also share memories you have with this album if you want to.

>In highschool pics related was always playing in my car.
>I loved showing people this album and pretending to get all introspective about it
>My close friends all knew ever word to this album
>We would drive backroads in the country smoking weed and listening to music while trying to get as lost as possible
>I remember getting to see them play in Nashville and all my friends went, still consider that to be one of my favorite concerts i've been to.

>To give time references, I am a senior in college now.
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>>
>>65683709
bump
>>
>>65683709
bump
>>
File: homepage_large.3a9d7a66.jpg (58 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.3a9d7a66.jpg
58 KB, 319x319
can't really think of one that represents my time in high school but american football really does make me reflect on it and is a great feels album for post graduation when you have to leave your friends behind
>>
I have a lot of great music memories

>be me
>sitting alone in my room
>listening to music
>>
File: pinkerton.jpg (14 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
pinkerton.jpg
14 KB, 307x300
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 316x316
This and Automatic for the People were essentially on repeat for much of my high school experience. They bring the memories flooding back that's for sure.
>>
This was pretty popular back when I was in school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10kswnH_Yg
>>
>>65684166
>listened a lot to this when X happened
>listened to this during Y period of my life
>Z would always make me feel better
>>
File: 235270-300.jpg (324 KB, 1278x1280) Image search: [Google]
235270-300.jpg
324 KB, 1278x1280
>pic related
>Wu Tang - Wu-Tang Forever
>Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety
>Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind of Cadwallader

All of those bring lots of memories.
>>
File: funeral.jpg (9 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
funeral.jpg
9 KB, 224x224
>>65684201
also this
>>
>>65684335
Nice choice anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 452x452
I listened to this every time I had free time in class
>>
File: 511RH6BRGSL.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
511RH6BRGSL.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
Ah yes, loneliness and suicidal ideation. I miss high school.
>>
>>65684368
what the fuck is that
>>
streetlight manifesto
>>
File: Faust.Faust.Info.jpg (824 KB, 1499x1476) Image search: [Google]
Faust.Faust.Info.jpg
824 KB, 1499x1476
>Freshman
Syd Barrett - Barrett
Memories of playing the album while waiting for a mental diagnosis in another state, falling asleep on the couch, waking up with Gigolo Aunt playing and getting diagnosed with schizofrenia.
>Sophomore
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Memories of going to a trip to the beach where my cellphone only had enough space for an album, soI took Trout Mask Replica and listened to it for a week straight. particulary once where I was shaving and the drums to Moonling on Vermont came, I tried to dance and I got cut with the razor.
>Junior
Faust - Faust
Memories of being an edgelord and writing what's on the right of this back cover on the blackboard and getting called by the principal.
Later at the same year, showing the album to companions at a mental facility I was staying it. Also, [existensial crisis externalises]
>Senior
John Coltrane - Ascension
Memories of feeling hopeful on the future again, and getting it to be played on the background to the graduation, it was a bit too low, but felt pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 319x319
emotionally abusive bf, fetishizing depression and self-harm, eating disorders, I loved hs
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.