[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TKOL is much better than AMSP. Agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1465895331007.png (239 KB, 291x352) Image search: [Google]
1465895331007.png
239 KB, 291x352
TKOL is much better than AMSP. Agree?
>>
>>65683408
No.

OK Computer = Kid A > In Rainbows > The Bends > Amnesiac = Hail to the Thief > A Moon Shaped Pool > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
File: pain.png (163 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
163 KB, 500x288
>>65683408
>>
>>65683408
absolutely not. AMSP is their best after OKC and Kid A
>>
Yeah, after a couple listens everything except for Daydreaming and True Love Waits is just mediocre.
>>
>>65683459
Ful Stop is incredible
>>
Kid A > OK Computer > TKOL > Amnesiac > IR > The Bends > AMSP > HTTT > Pablo Honey
>>
>>65683659
The Bends has the best lyrics out of all of them though
>MY DICK, IT BEEEEEEENDS
>JUST DO IT TO YOURSELF, JUST YOU, JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP F A M
>(NICE MEME) IF YOU THINK A SHITPOST'S ENOUGH
>>
>>65683454
>A Moon Shaped Pool > In Rainbows
literally wut
>>
>>65683727
I don't particularly like in rainbows desu
>>
>>65683427
disgusting
>>
>>65683408
Sure if you are listening to AMSP in the wrong order. Try this

Daydreaming
Identikit
Decks Dark
Ful Stop
Glass Eyes
The Numbers
Present tense
Burn the fucking witch
Desert Island Disk
True Love Wots
Tinker Tailor

>and then listen to the new garbage record
>>
>>65683408

Can't understand the hate for TKOL, or the love for AMSP.

AMSP might be the most dull record I've listened by a band considered innovative.
>>
>>65683973
>true love waits not at the end
>TINKER TAILOR as the ENDING TRACK
The fuck
>>
>>65684021
TKOL is much duller, more impenetrable, and dense.
>>
OKC > IR > The Bends > Kid A > Amnesiac > AMSP > HTTT > TKOL > PH
>>
OKC=KA>IR>AMSP>TB=TKOL>>>>>PH
>>
>>65684079
>The Bends is 3rd
dafuq
>>
>>65684021
TKOL is good but it's largely all texture and very little in the way of great songs to back them up.
Only songs on it id rank as great are Bloom Lotus Flower and Codex.
Everything else ranges from filler to decent.

AMSP isn't really innovative or groundbreaking but it's absolutely gorgeous, with great songs to back it up. An acoustic TKOL would be rather dull but an acoustic AMSP would be much more enjoyable. The songs themselves wouldn't lose much stripped of their production but strip most of TKOL down (aside from the three tracks I mentioned and maybe give up the ghost) and they would be much less interesting.

This is of course all a matter of opinion.
>>
>TKOL > AMSP
literally contrarian. just hate for unique.
>>
>>65684113
You think it's weird because you browse /mu/ too much, but outside here it's pretty normal to think The Bends as one of the best Radiohead albums.
>>
>>65684157
/thread
>>
>>65684113
Yes because of how monumental it was. It was the real beginning of Radiohead. The Bends showed the band breaking away from the generic bands of the 90s and creating a whole sound.
>>
I like both, but definitely prefer going back to TKOL.

they're a rock band after all. Moon Shaped is just too... sappy. I love the production on it, and the textures, but it's also a little samey... and Thom's lyrics really feel like placeholders there. Unlike on Lotus Flower, Give Up the Ghost, or Separator where the lyrics and the vibe of the song suit each other perfectly.

There's also some vocal parts on Moon Shaped that feel a little tired, like he stopped caring about what he's singing mid-phrase. His vox are always timeless and effortless, but he got a little too lackadaisical on it.
>>
>>65683408
Yeah man

Kid A > Amnesiac > Ok Computer > TKOL > In Rainbows > The Bends = A Moon Shaped Pool > Hail to the Thief > Pablo Honey
>>
>>65684323
>"how monumental it was" affects quality of album
I just said quality of album purely. In aspects of quality, The Bend can't be 3rd. (In my opinion)
>>
Kid A > Amnesiac > TKOL > IR > OKC > AMSP > HTTT > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
>>65683408
Probably better packaged
>>
>>65684435
The bends is god tier, no filler and all strong songs. This the bends is just britpop meme neeeds to die
>>
>>65684636
>The bends is god tier objectively
No. I don't think so. Why do you think that is meme? It's fact.
>>
>>65684435
Their are quite a few qualities that help TB stand out for me

1.the transitions between the mellow sections into the heavier sections and back is just so satisfying.
2. Its second in "singalong" quality behind only OKC
3. It's their second most accessible album behind again OKC

I could list more but those are some of the important ones imo
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.