[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are/were some of the worst periods/fads in music? Always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: numetalfgt.jpg (43 KB, 631x414) Image search: [Google]
numetalfgt.jpg
43 KB, 631x414
What are/were some of the worst periods/fads in music?

Always despised nu metal and similar shit. papa roach, korn, linkin park, staind, all that angry suburban shit that was popular somewhere around 2001-2004
>>
2008-Current

Whiny indie sadboy folk shit
"Alternative Rock" that is really just pop music
>>
>>65681382
>Whiny indie sadboy folk shit

example? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you I just can't figure out what you mean.
>>
File: the shins.jpg (14 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
the shins.jpg
14 KB, 300x298
>>65681382
>2008
>>
>>65681382
I mean that's always going to be around. Oasis was around in the 90's. neil young in the 70's. I don't know exactly what you mean but there's always gonna be 'sadboy folk shit' because being sad generally leads to poignant reflection, and everyone's got a guitar, so, yeah.
>>
PUNK ASS SISSY IM A FREAK
PUNK AS SISSY IM A
FREAAK
>>
>>65681409
>>65681423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBq2gB2sNk0
Or anything out of the Juno soundtrack...
Also yeah I kinda fucked up with the era, really meant it for the second thing I was talking about, but I think you get the point.
>>
>>65681409
not the guy you replied to, and this is probably not what he meant

but all that "Whoa oh oh" acoustic guitar and fiddles and tribal drums small 4wd commercial shit like mumford & sons and fun etc
>>
>>65681304
Then what were you listening to at that time?

Was that during your Beatles phase?
>>
i dont know what era this started to be a thing but MCs are fucking shit
>>
>>65681382
alternative rock is all trash and always was, even when it was grunge and shit
>>
>>65681304
Whatever period all of those scene bands came from, you know the ones fallout boy, my chemical romance,black veil brides I can't fucking stand those bands and there dumbass fans
>>
>>65681701
less beatles and more just general classic rock shit. I thought I was being a purist in my early teens by sticking with fucking boston and hendrix and bad company for some reason, lawl.

in general though I'm still glad I mostly skipped that entire thing. I do remember enjoying a few all-american rejects songs in those days. they weren't nu metal obviously but they're an example of silly radio pop I liked at the time. oh also our lady peace. still fuckin love them. late 90's-early 00's buttrock at its finest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.