[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think Pink Floyd's history would have panned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxOTgzNzM0Mjg1.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxOTgzNzM0Mjg1.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
How do you think Pink Floyd's history would have panned out if Syd Barret didn't lose it, and continued to be a part of the band the following decade ?
>>
Instead of evolving into a stadium band, I think they would've become more of an avant garde rock band - in other words, instead of developing in a way comparable to Yes or Genesis, they would've been more like Hawkwind or Roxy Music. It'd be less big, bombastic theatrics, and more space-theme psychedelic jams and silly lyrics.
>>
>>65677608
i want this
>>
Bravo, /mu/
A guy starts an interesting hypothesis initiated thread that could lead into interesting places and all it gets is 3 fucking replies, sadly. Meanwhile we have another LE CAVEMAN SPONGE occupying the front page, click here to view more.
Bravo....
>>
>>65677608
That would have been interesting...
>>
>>65677506
For one thing, the most perfect album ever made wouldn't exist.
>>
Animals is not the most perfect album ever made!
>>
>>65678486
>he thinks caveman spongebob is bad
>>
He doesn't mean Animals, he means The Final Cut is the most perfect album ever made! Name me one other Floyd album that's perfect. See. You can't.
>>
I feel like banging my head against The Wall!
>>
>>65677506
They wouldn't have been as good.
>>
>>65678737
On An Island.
>>
I'm gonna show you my Dark Side in a minute!
>>
Oh Syd, how I Wish You Were Here!
>>
>>65678630
which is...
>>
>>65678774
That's literally the point of the name of that album............
>>
>>65678776
Wish You Were Here.
>>
>>65678776
Meddle?
>>
File: AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg (34 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
34 KB, 300x294
>go to wikipedia
>see the ratings for Atom Heart Mother
Why is this album so undeservingly PANNED ?
It's totally and completely fine....
>>
>>65678892
My favourite one
>>
The psychedelic childlike musings, fun as they are, would've run thin on people's patience and PF would have faded into obscurity before the second half of the 70's.
>>
more noise less melody
>>
>>65677506
they would have become similar to Soft Machine (but more Rock), losing a member (who would develop a solid solo career) to each new album.
>>
>>65677506
Roger's ego would have taken over anyway, and Syd would have either have been ejected or marginalised within the group
>>
albumsthatneverwere.blogspot imagined years ago what kind of albums PF would have released:
>Pink Floyd – The Shape of Questions to Heaven (1968)
>Pink Floyd – Vantage Point (1969)
>Pink Floyd – Themes From An Imaginary Western (1970)
>>
>>65678808
That's the point of the entirety of post Syd PF's career
>>
What could happen to joy division without the death of Ian Cutis?
>>
>>65681227
theyd have released a 3rd 10/10 album
>>
>>65677608
A man can dream
>>65678892
My fav pink floyd album tbqh
>>
>>65677685
yea me too... i listened to syd's albums a couple weeks ago and i just loved them.
>>
>>65679104
I'm not sure about that. See Emily Play and Arnold Layne were very well received. I think they would've just gone that route once the psychedelic music became unpopular.
>>
>>65682286
>Emily Play and Arnold Layne
they were released before Piper…
and the following 1967-68 singles didn't worked so well
>>
>>65677506
well their music would have been less depressing... roger waters has been quoted numerous times saying that all of his pink floyd lyrics after syd went crazy dealt with the personal loss of syd's companionship
>>
>>65682466
You have to remember that Syd started losing his mind. He was the creative force behind PF. If he had stayed sane, they probably would have. From what I've read, after Piper he was pretty much gone.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.