[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most black people dislike rock music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 298x300
Why do most black people dislike rock music?
>>
It requires an IQ of at least 2 digits to enjoy.
>>
The black culture of today is shaped heavily around black identity, but in a way which rejects other racial cultures, especially white, to the point that it's somewhat culturally taboo to enjoy anything that's not black. Rock music is very heavily associated with white culture, hence black people tend to veer away from it. It's not as simple as "hurr durr dumb niggers". The reason it's not true with white culture is because of the history of white-black relations, where now white people are trying to make up for their ancestor's sins, so they connect more with black culture (the people who were slaves to white people) and avoid the negative connotations of the white stereotype.
>>
>>65674832
get out of here with this logical response
/mu/ is overrun by /pol/kiddies now, you're wasting your time
>>
probably because thin lizzy have about 0 bangers and sound like shit in the whip
>>
I bet you could trick black women into liking metal music
>>
I know a couple black people who like rock music and several others who have never voiced an opinion. I also know a lot of white people who would rather listen to rap. That just seems to be the most appealing to many young people right now.
Black people really hate new wave though.
>>
>>65675060
I was listening to a radio show and some comedians decided that jimmy buffet was the whitest musician and had 0 black fans.

I noticed a lot of black hipsters like joy division which is a really white band that even uses fascist imagery lol

black kid wearing a burzum t shirt.jpg
>>
>>65674684
You pose a good question considering that black people basically invented rock music. (And Phil Lynott was black)
>>
>>65675060
>Black people really hate new wave though.
I bet it sounds a little gay to them.
>>
>>65675559

that's because it kind of is m8
>>
>>65675590
Well of course but to blacks new wave music must be like a big cock sucking parade.
>>
>>65674684
Just because most rock fans are white, that doesn't mean everyone else hates it.
>>
Because rock music, which was invented by Black people, was stolen by the whiteys
>>
>>65675701
it's funny how black people like to take all the claim for rock music despite the fact they hate it and despite the fact that outside of jimi hendrix, black people have had very little to do with the creation of actual
>>
Definitive list of good black rock musicians
>Jimi Hendrix
>Phil Lynott
>William Duvall
>Vernon Reid
>>
>>65675737
> no slash
>>
WE
>>
MEMES
>>
WE WUZ ROCK AND SHIEEEEEEEEEET

ELVIS STOLE FROM THE SLAVES
>>
>>65675858
>his shitty meme chain gets interrupted so he has to post it all himself
pathetic
>>
>>65675858
>>65675875
kek
>>
>>65675875
>>65675875
WE
>>
Actually, it's been proven that nigger born people have a predisposition to liking rock music. I'm not saying whites can't or don't, but they are the biological exception to the rule. My nigga
>>
>>65675890
hol up

so you be sayin
>>
>>65675888
MEMES
>>
I saw King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard a few weeks ago and there was a decent amount of black people there, they got really into it too
>>
>>65675103
>black kid wearing a burzum t shirt.jpg

if this is real
/r/'ing it
>>
>>65675824
true, forgot him. he's half black though
>>
File: burzum.jpg (42 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
burzum.jpg
42 KB, 640x426
>>65675912
an important picture
>>
>>65675923
kek, thanks man
>>
File: hank.jpg (170 KB, 550x360) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
170 KB, 550x360
Also i was looking for Henry Rollins pics once and i noticed a black kid in a black flag mosh pit.
There is always one oreo.
>>
File: 28ea566a.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
28ea566a.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>65675923
should have stayed in the only decent project he's done
>>
In my experience, it's simply lack of exposure in black areas. Rock music just isn't part of the culture in heavily black parts of at least the West Coast. It's hard for people to find out about it, so "normies" in black communities are oblivious. I once had a black girl tell me the only rock band she knew was Linkin Park, because they'd worked with Jay Z.
On the other hand, I'm from a very white area, and the vast majority of black people I know from white areas ARE into indie rock, indie pop, etc., even if they are more into other genres... interestingly, these other genres tend to be R&B and EDM, and not hip hop. Most of the hip hop kids here (Colorado) seem to be white or hispanic.
>>
>>65676252
I feel like white people get into music more than black people as fans.
Like a lot more white people know who young thug is than black people know who thom yorke is.
Like it would be funny for a black person to even know who the arctic monkeys are or any radio plebe rock band even.

YO TYRONE YOU HEAR THE NEW QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE THAT SHIT FIRE!
>>
blacks think white music is lame af squareboi shit

so do most people under 25
>>
>>65674832
>where now white people are trying to make up for their ancestor's sins

What sins? None of my family owned any slaves and never will and in my country White people were the Slaves. There is no sin and the sooner self-hating upper middle class kids like you realise that the better this world will be.
>>
>>65676387
I can't really comment because most of the black people I know are fairly "normie", but I can say that I do have one friend, a black girl, who's really obsessive with music, albeit not in typical /mu/ fashion... she is really into old French singers like Serge Gainsbourg and Francoise Hardy, as well as West African music. She loves finding obscure old reggae, West African (Mbalax, Malian music, etc.), etc. records.
>>
>>65676453
they're called ''cucks'' my friend
they're indoctrinated due to the public school system
>>
File: thom ghost.png (194 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
thom ghost.png
194 KB, 500x358
>>65676428
>implying niggers arent fighting for acknowledgment from thom sempai but eventually gave up and had to make due with the faggot from coldplay

http://www.stereogum.com/5478/lupe_fiasco_kanye_west_pharrell_sample_thom_yorke/news/
>>
>>65676502
>>>/pol/
>>
File: shitposting on moo.jpg (34 KB, 539x405) Image search: [Google]
shitposting on moo.jpg
34 KB, 539x405
>>65676625
Its true though, kanye went up to thom after the grammies once and thom was all "lol whatever loser"
Then rap gave up trying to get indie cred by using thom so they had to get off brand thom with chris martin and then the coldplay faggots was singing hooks on rap songs for no raisan.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.