[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is it possible for anyone's favorite SP album to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 41H62046AHL._SX300_.jpg (23 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
41H62046AHL._SX300_.jpg
23 KB, 300x299
how is it possible for anyone's favorite SP album to be anything other than this
>>
gish is pretty solid, i'd rate them equally
>>
because MCatIS is the best
>>
People want to act like Melon is amazing but it's way too inconsistent and way too long.
>>
Mellon Collie's High points are arguably better than Siamese Dream, and I guess people overlook flaws if they really like certain parts of the album. Adore isn't that bad either, but is more electronic based than their earlier stuff, which may appeal to some people. Other than that, I don't think anyone could prefer the other albums.
>>
>>65673430
i would disagree, i can't name a single song off the album i don't like. each to their own i guess
>>
I heard this one first, and have more memories attached to it.

This was also when I was a poor teenager without internet who had to buy albums, so I didn't end up tracking down and purchasing Siamese dream till like 6 months after getting Mellon Collie. By then it had made a big impression.
>>
>>65673396
I'd even say Snail is on par with Mayonaise in terms of comfiness.
>>
Some people don't think Mellon Collie is loaded with filler, or they don't mind.

They're both good choices desu.
>>
>>65673355
Adore is my favorite. Not even trolling or baiting. It's such a feeling-fest.
>>
>>65673500
The filler thing always boggled my mind, especially after listening to Aeroplane and realizing they had enough material to make an entire album that sounded like 'Zero,' an entire album like '1979,' like 'Thirty-Three,' etc.

Each of the songs has context and deserves to be there, even 'Cupid de Locke' and 'We Only Come Out at Night.' especially in the '95 vinyl release order.
>>
mellon collie used to be my favorite, I listened to it at least once or twice a week last year. I feel like mellon collie is good for anyone dealing with anything because each section of songs show a different section of depression or sadness, if you're angry-sad you listen to the beginning minus the intro and you move on there. to me you have to listen to mellon collie only if you're in the right mood as for siamese dream it's a perfect album and every song is amazing so it's enjoyable at any time no matter what you're feelings are
>>
Adore is my favorite album.
>>
>>65673538
To Sheila and For Martha are probably the two best 'soft' songs Corgan's ever written. It's kind of funny, for all its flaws, Adore was more victim of poor timing and critical music press than actually being bad. Corgan apparently took the mixed reaction really badly and has only warmed to the thing very recently, which given it's subject matter, kinda makes it the Smashing Pumpkins' equivalent to Pinkerton.
>>
>>65673585
Both are really good teen angst soundtracks.
>>
File: bill-corgan-at-disneyland.jpg (84 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
bill-corgan-at-disneyland.jpg
84 KB, 600x535
Does anybody have the picture where billy is high up on a building looking down at the camera with a few other people?
>>
>>65673355
That album doesn't have Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Zero, 1979, Cherub Rock, Today Today, or Tonight so the choice was obvious t b h f a m a l a m
>>
>>65674190
>That album doesn't have Cherub Rock or Today
Wut
>>
>>65674190
this is the most perplexing bait I've seen yet
>>
>>65674190
>smashing_pumpkins_-_tonight_is_the_greatest_night_ive_ever_known.mp3
>>
File: fexkpK1spsojg_540.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
fexkpK1spsojg_540.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>>65674190
>Cherub Rock, Today Today, or Tonight
>>
>>65673464
Ah mayonaise, though
>>
>>65673444
Meanwhile I cant name one i dont like off of it because there are so fucking many
>>
every song in SD is perfect except Sweet Sweet
>>
Mellon Collie is probably my absolute favorite album, but this is cool as well
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.