[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the step previous to getting someone into the velvet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: MI0000832128.jpg (24 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
MI0000832128.jpg
24 KB, 500x433
What's the step previous to getting someone into the velvet underground? How do you make them jump from Beatles, Stones to the VU?
>>
Why would you need to make them jump from something Good, to something worse, and then worse?
>>
You stop trying to impose your bland music taste on them and leave them to enjoy whatever the fuck they want no matter how much your "patrician" sensibilities tell you otherwise you fucking autist
>>
Bowie
>>
pink floyd
>>
>>65671446
triggered?
>>
more psychedelic rock in general, beyond the big names like the beatles and stones

aka hendrix, moby grape, buffalo springfield, janis joplin, cream

from there grateful dead and pink floyd to have them start appreciating music theory and the raw sound of an electric guitar
>>
>>65671435
>TVU worse than stones
wew lad
>>
File: 713xzjmnOML._SL1500_.jpg (135 KB, 1500x1495) Image search: [Google]
713xzjmnOML._SL1500_.jpg
135 KB, 1500x1495
Warhol-era VU was sleek as fuck
>>
>>65671530
this, piper mostly

also some of lou reed's solo material might be a good jumping off point, a lot of it is easier to digest than vu
>>
The Beatles > The Rolling Stones > The Doors > The Stooges > Television > Velvet Underground
>>
Loaded... its pop... dont start anywhere else

most VU records (like nico) will send mot people running
>>
The White Album isn't that different from TVU&N in tone
>>
>>65671420
nothing, this was one of the first albums i listened to because of mu and i loved it instantly, and my favorite band at the time was The Rolling Stones (still on of my favorites t b h)
>>
>>65673193
not true, only White Light White Heat
>>
>>65673028
wl/wh is not warhol era
>>
>>65673753
The cover was warhol's parting gift to the band at least

not talking their music specfically, but their overall aesthetic was great
>>
>>65671420
TVU is hard for people to get in to...?
>>
That's not that difficult to get into, I mean you're not going from I Want to Hold Your Hand to Sister Ray. That album is the entry level way to get into art-rock/avant garde
>>
>tfw sister ray remains the pinnacle of organ-infused rock almost 50 years later
>tfw it's mostly drowned out by the chaos

why live
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.