[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW GORILLAZ INFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: gorillaz_phase_4.png (765 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz_phase_4.png
765 KB, 1024x1164
>While the album was initially planned for release later this year, Jamie Hewlett, aka the other half of Gorillaz besides Albarn, has confirmed that the release has been pushed back a little bit.

>Providing an update via Gorillaz fan page GorillazNorthAmerica, Jamie promises that the new Gorillaz album is “really fuckin’ special.” Saying that the album “can’t be rushed,” the fan page confirmed that the album will be releasing in 2017 rather than later this year.

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2016/06/new-gorillaz-album/

So it's been delayed then, fuck. Hope it's worth it.
>>
I heard Herbie Hancock will be on the album too. That's crazy.
>>
I hope Del the Funky is on this album. He's almost like a member.
>>
>>65669967
oh shit that sounds cool
now i wonder what direction they're going with this album
>>
>>65669827
god those designs look awful
still looking forward to the album, though
>>
>>65670087
Idk I think they're pretty neat. Only Murdoc looks awful imo
>>
>>65669994
>I hope Del the Funky is on this album
I have bad news for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bywbClEGoY
>>
>>65670387
Haha just fuck me up, anon.
>>
i really like Gorillaz but /mu/ seems not to like them

Unless I'm just seeing the contrarians whenever they get brought up
>>
>>65670589
a lot of people like gorillaz here
all the /mu/ contrarians are just a loud minority
>>
>>65670589
Demon Days along with Discovery is the album that got me into non-mainstream music as a kid, and both albums are still fantastic in my eyes. Don't let the negative neds get you down mane
>>
>>65671273
are you me, it was those two albums and dark side of the moon that started the journey
>>
>>65671296
>>65671273
Yeah my dudes! Upvoted!!!!
>>
>>65671296
I never got into Pink Floyd, but I think both Discovery and Demon Days are common entry points into alternative music. I was in middle school when I got into those, and I'm sure my experience wasn't uncommon.
>>65671332
LOL nice GB2leddit amirite lmao Xd (get it I'm being ironic it's so funny and original lmao!!)
>>
>>65671273
This. Both albums were essential for me to stop being a dadrocker. (I still like dadrock though, it's not bad music, it's a bad mentality to bash every other genre because it's not "real music".)
>>
>>65671273
>Demon Days
>Discovery
>non-mainstream
Man what the fuck
>>
>>65671592
>you
>capable of reading comprehension

pick one
>>
>>65671592
As in, not straight up dad rock or radio pop. Non mainstream probably wasn't the right word. But my middle school classmates mostly listened to Journey and Guns and Roses and shit like that, or radio pop. Gorillaz, Radiohead and Daft Punk were my first venture into music my classmates would consider "weird"
>>
>>65671653
Following up on this, perhaps a better term is "music you wouldn't hear listening to the radio in suburbia"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.