[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[dust settling]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: anohni.jpg (199 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
anohni.jpg
199 KB, 1200x1200
I'm listening to this album again and I'm still completely torn on it.

I agree with (most of) the political views but the lyrics on some of the songs are atrocious. They read like poems submitted to Facebook from a teenager who thinks she's smarter than her peers. Anohni makes a solid effort to get a political agenda across and does it effectively, but the lyrics are so literal and clumsy that it's hard not to scoff at sometimes.
Anohni has a great voice, but I don't know if I care for it very much. It sounds like she's intentionally forcing this wobbly, gender-neutral tonal accent that I find equally annoying and intriguing. She's a conventionally good singer, but something about her voice annoys me.
The instrumentals are amazing but Anohni's vocal and lyrical contributions throw me off.
The whole thing feels like The Knife's Shaking the Habitual done wrong. Shaking the Habitual was incredibly challenging and rewarding to listen to, and its lyrics were, in my opinion, moving and sophisticated in a way. It creates this amazingly moody and somewhat intimidating atmosphere that really resonates with the listener. Hopelessness, on the other hand, is just too clunky and inarticulate for me.
Honestly, I can't see myself listening to this album only for Anohni's voice and opinions.

I seriously can't tell if I love it or hate it. What are your opinions?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
>>
>>65669686
>Anohi has a great voice

Have to stop you there anon
>>
>>65669686
>I agree with most of the political views

But thats the worst part of the album
>>
Pretty much agree across the board.
>>
>>65669686
Considering how everytime you praise it you immediately say "but" and then say something bad about it, I'm guessing you don't like it that much.
>>
>>65669721
I said she's a technically good singer but I find her voice annoying because of that forced accent she does.
>>
loved the singles, was pretty excited for the album. I mostly feel like it's a little to maximal and in-your-face for a lot of people, I can jam with a lot of the beats and i feel like the lyrics and upfront singing add to this feeling of PANIC THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG
>>
>>65669709
WTF
>>
Heavy handed from a heavy man-dead
>>
>>65669768
>She

Anohini is still sporting a shlong
>>
>>65669756
That's WHY I'm torn on it. Every time I can find something good to say about it, I find something else that I hate.
>>
>>65669771

Exactly I don't have that much of a problem with the lyrics because I feel it adds to the entire "incoming doom" theme of the album
>>
>>65669791
Yeah, but she still goes by feminine pronouns. I can respect that. It's when you start asking me to call you "they" "xe" or "xir" that it gets ridiculous.
>>
>>65669791
Montie kys pls
>>
>>65669771
Funny you should say that; I felt like the beats weren't dense and chaotic enough. A bit too poppy and simple for the record. Wasn't maximal enough.
>>
>>65669709
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.