[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, this is the best thing to come out this year so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: deak.jpg (49 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
deak.jpg
49 KB, 940x940
Honestly, this is the best thing to come out this year so far
>>
Nah
>>
This is the real AnCo album this year
>>
Incredibly mediocre, Animal Collective is such fucking shite and Sleep Cycle is just recycled Feels shit

People who think this matches up to Autechre need to kill themselves
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>65668868
>he's an Autechre fan
>>
>>65668868
>Autecshit

Kek
>>
File: The Great Unwinding.jpg (117 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
The Great Unwinding.jpg
117 KB, 700x700
>>65668603
It's good but not the best, that would go to pic related. The transition from Seed Song to Good House is a 10/10 moment though.

>>65668868
Doesn't sound like feels at all
>>
>>65668868
>Getting this triggered
>>
"no"
>>
>>65668868
AnCo > Autechre
>>
>>65669109
What's your aotysf
>>
>>65669126
lol...
>>
>>65669126
jeez
>>
This is a joke thread right
>>
>>65669126
>>65669211
>>65669228
They don't make music that's at all similar, they aren't comparable

But I have to say I like AnCo's earlier stuff like Hollinndagain, HCTI, and Campfire Songs more than anything I've heard from ae
>>
>>65669255
What do you like about it?
>>
>>65669303
Because they're fucking hacks

Well I guess Confield is decent
>>
>>65669383
>>65669211
>>
>>65669421
I'm not him, but why don't you explain your point rather than just saying "lol..." like some kind of reddit memer
>>
>>65669467
What point can I even refute? That they're hacks? What sort of meme non-criticism...
>>
>>65669516
Explain why they aren't hacks
>>
>>65669541
He called them hacks. The burden of proof is on him - besides I really don't understand what they/you could possibly mean by that? It's vague af. What does a hack constitute? That they aren't proficient with their tools/instruments? Anyone who has worked with or has any sort of knowledge of MAX/MSP would know that isn't the case, and even the way they'd fuck with, hack into, and circuit-bend they're hardware in the 90s to get these alien sounds were inspired and resourceful. That they have no composition skills? Oversteps is one of the most melodically and harmonically complex dance albums of the past 5 years. Or just listen to jazz album Pink Freud Plays Autechre and you'll see the skill of their compositions in a more "traditional" setting. This is not even mentioning they're rhythmic complexity - the way they play with swung notes and polyrhythms. No creativity? They have a definable sound that no one else has since replicated and though they always are recognizable as Ae they never stop evolving. Their practice of taking techno, electro, and hip-hop and bending certain sounds from those genres until they're barely legible and the contexts are hardly there anymore - wildstyle graffiti style - and blending that with 20th century classical composers like Xenakis and Parmegiani and Dockstader (and yet still sounding singular in their own style) is also fascinating to me as a listener.

So there's that. I don't even hate or dislike AnCo btw.
>>
>>65669876
I don't know what he meant, I don't think ae are hacks
>>
>>65669876
Damn BTFO
>>
>>65669950
Ah, okay fampai.

>>65669876
Reading this over again I mixed up "they're" and "their" like 5000 times fuck but w/e ignore my complete ignorance of proper grammar. Apparently I know more about Ae than how to correctly spell and compose a sentence, lol!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.