[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that memewave and all its shitty derivatives are dead...why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 970x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 970x809
Now that memewave and all its shitty derivatives are dead...why don't you listen to PC Music?
>>
>>65665310
Why would I listen to PC music instead of listening to vaporwave even if it's dead?
>>
>>65665310
I've listened to a lot of PC music and honestly it's all pretty boring. The vocals are tacky too.
>>
PC Music is too far ahead of its time, plebs aren't ready for it yet.
>>
>>65665310
PC Music is already dead, and it's also a shitty derivative of Japanese post-Perfume electropop, filtered through a thin veneer of unpleasant sarcasm that falls apart upon even slight scrutiny
>>
All PC music does is give me a boner
>>
>>65665397
Prove it
>>
>>65665354
>they think PC Music sounds like Perfume
Wew fucking lad. PC Music is way too ironic and self-aware to be a derivative of Pefume kind of Jpop.
>>
best current thing going on possibly
>>
File: groper identity parade.jpg (70 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
groper identity parade.jpg
70 KB, 1080x1080
>>65665406
>way too ironic and self-aware
that's the thin veneer of sarcasm i was talking about, it lacks the independent street-level charm of someone like Saori@destiny or Sweet Vacation
plus, i said "post-Perfume", which is a widely-recognised term to refer to the new wave of electropop artists that became visible after Perfume's boom with Polyrhythm

bonus: Sophie and the one who looks like he buys used underwear off the internet are confirmed Yasutaka-kabure
>>
>>65665406
it's not ironic

>GFOTY: My work isn’t really character-based or not-character-based. It’s definitely not “performance art.” It’s just like, who I am. I put myself onstage and however I feel comes out. I’m not an artist and I’m not trying to make a statement; I’m just advertising me.

>GFOTY: I’m not curating anything; I’m just doing it. If I curated it, what would be the fun? It would be depressing to be like, “This isn’t actually my life.”

Anyway sophie,william wright,A.G.Cook are the only good artist rest are soundcloud kids with a gimmick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWr6LAX2EUE
>>
I unironically like PC Music. I don't want to like them, but fuck...Hannah Diamond, A.G. Cook and Lipgloss Twins are addictive.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 467x467
>>65665472
Is that Nakata?
The picture is too much to handle. I love Sophie :^)
>>65665484
Agreed. I don't really like GFOTY.
>>
>>65665525
Lipgloss Twins make me so uncomfortable, it's like a sonic uncanny valley.
>>
>>65665538
don't you think they look like an identity lineup for a sex crime and you're being asked to pick out which one did it
>>
>>65665525
lipgloss twins is A.G. Cook
>>
>>65665595
i thought that ugly Hannah girl was his work too
>>
>>65665605
nah hannah is herself and william wright
>>
PC Music has way more staying power than vaporwave. Vaporwave is literally jokey meme music, and not to mention it exists solely on the Internet. Sure it's influenced other genres, and visual art styles - but PC Music seems more...tangible?
>>
>>65665658
why do ppl keep bringing up vaporwave?
majority of pc music are musicians who have been making tunes for years, and went to the top art school in london
vaporwave is dead because 90% of the artist are first time music makers using audacity and fl studio
>>
>>65665658
>but PC Music seems more...tangible?
surely just because it's reselling a popular music style from 2010 with identifiable figureheads and no inherent copyright problems despite the lack of orginality

vaporwave is too anonymous and reliant on uncredited sampling to have any commercial success beyond a visual trend, but since the launch of the whole PC Music brand, they've made it into commercials for McDonalds and sold songs to vapid mass-produced pop stars like Li Yuchun / Chris Lee and Amuro Namie
>>
>>65665557
That's why I love them so much. They're really unsettling but not threatening, you know?
>>65665595
That I didn't know. I thought Lipgloss Twinks was a collaboration between Cook and somebody else.
>>
>>65665702
It's what the OP mentioned.
>>
Why doesn't /mu/ like PC Music?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.