[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>good music >Down syndrome tier singing shiggy doo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1374330772_Ys joanna_newsom_.png (460 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1374330772_Ys joanna_newsom_.png
460 KB, 500x500
>good music
>Down syndrome tier singing
shiggy doo
>>
Muppet core
>>
>>65654452
Apologize for this shitty post, OP
>>
>>65654482
t. Drone
>>
>>65654521
t. faggot
>>
>>65654452
t. embryo
>>
>>65654452
>Fantastic music
>Emotive and genuine singing

Here, OP, I fixed it for you.
>>
>>65654596
Oops, forgot picture!
>>
>>65654452
i think her singing adds a really unique element to her music
theres no one else who sounds like her
>>
>hating Joanna's singing
Kill yourself.
>>
>>65654452
>>
>>65654786
there's a reason for that. good vocalist that have actual range and can carry a tune don't have to sound like a child. Of course no one who can actually sing imitates someone who can't.
>>
>>65654852
Yes, her singing is untrained, but this album is such a step up from the singing on Milk Eyed Mender.

Also, she's a classically trained harpist who also wrote all of the arrangements on this album and the beautifully poetic lyrics.

Yes, she's no opera singer, but I don't think that should discredit her, and especially not this album, entirely.
>>
>>65654452
Actual question for all you people who complain about Joanna's voice:

Have you listened to her recent stuff? I can understand some hate from TMEM-Ys era Joanna, but HOoM and Divers are so different. She had issues with her vocal nodules blahblah, she basically sounds like a different person. https://youtu.be/1nz0t7K1prY
>>
>>65654596
>Emotive and genuine
I said no pickles, nourishment distributor.
>>
File: 1465174720822.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465174720822.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>65654936
That shit's like a hundred times better
>>
>>65654896
Couldn't she hire a session vocalist, or write music that doesn't require singing?
>>
>>65654896
then she should stick to songwriter and let a good vocalist sing the material. only people who force themselves to like her voice defend her. so many good singers in the world why subject the populace to almost painful sonics when they just criticize and make fun of you?
>>
>>65654955
>>65654965
You guys do know her singing's not THAT bad, right?

Also, I think you guys fail to understand how personal her songs are, especially on Ys.
Fuck, the last song is about the grief she feels after her best friends death in a car crash, songs 2-4 are about a really shitty relationship she was in and the frist song is about her sister.
She writes music that are about HER experiences and HER feelings, and there is no fucking way that someone else could convey the amount of emotion she put into the lyrics because there is no way they could understand the significant impact that they had on the lyricist.

These aren't some recycled pop-garbage lyrics that you can slap on any singer with a decent voice, these are heartfelt, poetic sonnets written by a woman who pours her soul into the music she makes.

I hope that sums up my point well enough, the fedora has been well and truly tipped.
>>
>>65655087
Who the fuck puts personal songs on an album that is listened to by the public? Keep that shit in your poetry book. Or admit that you're lust a generic attention whore like every woman in music.
>>
>>65654951
Do listen to HOoM. Her voice is so mellow there.
>>
>>65654936
Y is the best fucker
>>
>>65656205
Ys*
And did I say otherwise? Please learn to read before commenting! Thanks! :)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.