[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single person who thinks this is good? it's just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Is there a single person who thinks this is good?
it's just NMH, but 50x worse
shallow forced lyrics and singing
with instrumental that takes the worst of folk and country
and tries to make something out of it

but people actually like this cause
muh trumpets
>>
>>65653968
I think it's good. I went though a mild folk punk phase in high school, but Brave as a Noun is one of the few songs i can still enjoy.

People Who Eat people is better than Knife Man.
>>
Good band name though.
>>
I find them to be really hit or miss, but not really bad. I really liked some albums all the way through before, revisiting them it's kinda pick-and-choose on tracks.

I have played with them a bunch of times around the country, and they put on great shows. They played well to small rooms and large venues. That being said, I was way more pumped to play with and see Jeff Rosenstock and The Wild.
>>
>Andrew Jackson Jihad
>Good
>>
>>65655561
yes you got that right
>>
Used to enjoy it, yes.

Me and my hs friendos made a project out of building a trebuchet during the Ukrainian revolution a couple years ago. We'd listen to this and Government Plates while we worked on it. Good memories.
>>
Umm, excuse me you fucking SHITLORD but I think you'll find that you're DEADNAMING AJJ, which is soon to be a CRIMINAL OFFENCE when Bernie Sanders gets in power.

Learn the band's fucking pronouns.
>>
>>65653968

Edgy white teenagers.
>>
>>65656263
I just don't get why they must change their name from Andrew Jackson Jihad to AJJ, I mean their original name is seriously the best thing the band has ever done, now those acronyms are just plain generic crap
>>
>>65653968
Finally, /mu/ hates Andrew Jackson Jihad, now I can admit I like them. I hope you like Knife Man still though as I hate that album.
>>
>>65656305

I always wondered why /mu/ liked Knife Man so much, I always thought it was worse than Can't Maintain.
>>
>>65656377

Can't Maintain was definitely my favorite. It was a good transition to full band and production. I haven't listened to Knife Man more than once. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
>>
>>65656581
Do it, Knife Man really grew on me
>>
>>65653968
I like it. It's fun and it's a nice break from anything that even tries to be good or serious. It's bad enough that it goes full circle and becomes good in a more comical way.
>>
>>65656263
I want to defend them when people do the whole "social jus" bit but it's getting really hard to say anything when they do stuff like this. I still like their music but holy shit

> it is disrespectful and irresponsible for us to use the word jihad in our band’s name

It's time to stop
>>
>>65656275
read as oogles
>>
This band (more specifically candy cigarettes... e.t.c.) was significant in my musical maturing, the band helped me shift out of the mainly electronic rock sound that I was dominantly interested in at the time, along with The Mountain Goats.
The explicit lyrics at the time were so different to the innuendos that were so dominant in rock music. Where AJJ are a bit immature in retrospect, they did help me.
>>
Peopl Who Eat People is their only whole album that I enjoy, Knife Man and some of their others have good tracks but People is their only good album
>>
>>65653968
Arguably the worst meme band of all time t.b.h.
>>
>>65657850
I thought about it, and I'm gonna have to give you a (You)
>>
I think the country influences are weird for them. Isn't country a bit racist?
>>
There was a week that I exclusively listened to Christmas Island and Knife Man. It was pretty chill
>>
I haven't listened to this piece of shit album for at least four years but I still remember it being cringey as fuck.

I'll listen to it while doing the dishes and see how long it takes me to dry my hands and turn it off.
>>
I really liked it in high school when I had questionable music taste and a lot of unfocused teen angst, and because of that I was probably their preferred audience. I only listen that album every once in forever for the reason of "I haven't heard this in a long while", because its not very good. It's their best album though
>>
>>65653968
They have all the "sjw" stuff but lose the self righteous bullshit.
>>
>>65657888

Steam powered giraffe
Pomplemousse
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.