[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people really think Carrie & Lowell was THAT good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Do people really think Carrie & Lowell was THAT good?
>>
I dunno what am I looking at?
>>
Its babys first folk album, shit sounds like a dull nick drake
>>
>Blackstar at #4

the greater injustice
>>
>>65651590
>Dull Nick Drake

Quit repeating yourself
>>
>>65651563
RYM's top albums of the 2010s iirc

>>65651541
who cares, all RYM charts are garbage
>>
>>65651613
>RYM's top albums of the 2010s iirc
wow that's bad
>>
I was disappointed, partly because The Age of Adz was so great. Just more whispery indie folk that everyone got sick of in the mid-2000s.
>>
>>65651593
>greater injustice not #1 being #1
>>65651590
>implying Nick Drake isn't dull
>>
>>65651630
>>65651606

Nick drakes music is more intresting when you find out he was a mentally ill retard.

Sufjohn stevens brings nothing new to the table unless you are a plebe who has never heard a folk album.

Father john misty is more interesting folk faggot than sufjohn
>>
>>65651590
Nick Drake is baby's first folk album though
>>
>>65651541
I don't think anyone thinks its that great, its just that its so agreeable in its feels its hard to rate lower than good.
>>
>>65651623
Hip-hop is this generation's rock, the chart makes sense to me.
>>
>>65651541
It's the definiton of 8/10 album, great but not amazing
>>
>>65651541
>TPAB being that high

List disregarded.
>>
>>65651671
sufjan has little to do with folk, it's layered indie
>>
>>65651708
maybe, but at the least TPAB is massively overrated and age of adz is way better than C&L
>>
File: Bill_Nye_Consider_The_Follwing.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Nye_Consider_The_Follwing.gif
496 KB, 500x385
>>65651671
what if sufjan just wanted to make a record about his mother and wasn't on bringing anything new like he did in seven swans with the instrumentation and people who liked the album either can empathize with sufjan or appreciate it

also sufjan's music is interesting when you find out he suffered mental breakdowns which led to The Age of Adz

>also typing sufjohn to make sure we know you don't respect him at all

nice one duder
>>
>>65651593
I loved Blackstar and for what it was trying to be, it's perfect. It's not an album for everyone though, and it's solidly somewhere between an 8, an 8.5 and a 9.
>>
>>65651830
so between an 8 and a 9 then
>>
The Age of Adz didn't really do it for me, so I thought Carrie and Lowell was an improvement. Still thought it was a 7/10.

imo, Michigan > Illinois > Seven Swans > Carrie & Lowell > Age of Adz
>>
>>65651874
middle kek
>>
File: 1448729495341.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448729495341.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
tip top kek at everyone who doesnt get age of adz
>>
>>65651541
I do, yes
>>
>>65651671
>when you find out he was a mentally ill
fuck you, seriously fuck you
His depression would be almost completely absent when he recorded the songs, in his lows he couldn't do anything but sit in silence. His illness isn't some shit you can gawk at and say "oh man thank god he was ill", it was a detriment to his life and ultimately may have helped to end it
>>
>>65651764
Seriously, what is the difference?
>>
Age of Ads > Carrie & Lowell > Illinois > Seven Swans > Michigan > All Delighted People
>>
>>65651541
>Carrie & Lowell
yes, almost a strong 9 from me but some more varied production could have elevated it
>>
Carrie & Lowell is a great album. there are not that many great albums
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.