[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me why critics love this album, almost all Radiohead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: radiohead-kid-a.jpg (160 KB, 1050x1040) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-kid-a.jpg
160 KB, 1050x1040
Can someone tell me why critics love this album, almost all Radiohead fans love it, but it seems at least 50% of people on here despise it? (Or is that just the vocal minority?)
>>
>>65650958
Most /mu/ posters love it. What are you on about?
>>
Because contrarianism

It's a fantastic album
>>
>>65650958
4chan is a website for contrarians.
>>
>>65651036

I don't come here often, but in the few Kid A/Radiohead related threads it seems like half the people there shit on it and half the people there love it.

Maybe I'm wrong. *shrug*
>>
>>65650958
Because it's one of the most popular albums people spam here constantly. There's bound to be some hatred towards it.
>>
>>65650958
Because it's simply amazing
>>
>>65651051
>>65651058

Well, that makes more sense. Forgive me, as I said above, I don't come here often.
>>
It did infact cause a divide among Radiohead fans the time it was released.
>>
>>65651131

Yeah, I've heard that. However, I was under the impression that it grew to be loved by critics and fans alike.
>>
>>65650958
Is it something to do with Fagtano's shit taste? He hates their electronic-influenced work IIRC.
>>
>>65650958
Because its a masterpiece idiot. There still hasnt been an album better than kid a since its release 16 years ago. Hope that helps clarify
>>
>>65651418

Kid A holds the spot for my personal number 1 album, tied with just a few others. And that includes everything before Kid A as well.

It really is a masterpiece.
>>
>>65651131
they went from ok computer to this shocked me when i first realized radiohead didn't just do rock like in rainbows and creep, but then you give it a listen and realize it's really good and has a 10/10 layout with a fucked up good finish
>>
After listening to Radiohead for a bit now this is one of the band's I'm so surprised is /mu/core. Their entire discography is so basic I just don't understand the hype.
>>
it was a cool durection to take on the band's part and also easily marketable as "innovative" but the actual music in it is not fantastic (ironically because of how they couldn't commit to the electronic thing they had going).
>>
It's not a great album really. For Radiohead standards it's good but it doesn't hold up to actual good artists
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.