[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dunno why but this "band" genuinely pisses me off.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1455651197805.jpg (55 KB, 396x303) Image search: [Google]
1455651197805.jpg
55 KB, 396x303
Dunno why but this "band" genuinely pisses me off. Like I don't fucking understand it's purpose. It's so incredibly stupid and not even in a way as to make it funny. Who was the retarded faggot who's great fucking idea it was to sign this piece of backed up cuntwater onto their record label anyhow? Of what purpose did they intend with this abomination? Is it supposed to be cute? Is it supposed to be situationally funny? Why should i care that they're cartoons? Why do they look at me like i should want to laugh at its autistic existance?

Seriously fuck this dumbass meme band and the Redditors who are to blame for surfacing this aborted shart of a sad attempt at music.
>>
Plastic Beach is actually fucking good tho
>>
It's to distract you from the fact that you're listening to a Damon Albarn solo record.
>>
>>65650953
where did you find this stale pasta
>>
File: damon.jpg (15 KB, 236x321) Image search: [Google]
damon.jpg
15 KB, 236x321
When i was a kid i thought the gorrrliaz was real and that there were actually people who looked like that but then i found out it was actually the woo hoo guy.
It was like finding out santa wasn't real.
>>
Could you possibly be anymore autistic?
>>
Nobody honestly likes them. It's all bandwagon.
>>
>>65650996
I could like Gorillaz.
>>
>>65651006
demon days is a fucking classic.

Damon found out a way to be musically relevant in the 21st century by making electronic rock rap cartoon music while the Gallagher brothers are like those old Muppets shouting at everyone and being quoted by the NME
>>
>>65651025
No, I'm pretty sure complaining about them to this degree is even more autistic.
>>
>>65650986
>the woo hoo guy
Kek
>>
The way they combine music and visuals is GOAT. Jamie Hewlett's artstyle is great. I'd understand if it was some autistic furry flash shit with music that sounded like blur, but it isn't.

also Noodle is bae
>>
File: unsure pupper.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
unsure pupper.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>65650953
damn you mad
take a chill pill bruh
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 964x644) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 964x644
>>65650953
it was originally a joke about all the shitty manufactured boy bands that were clogging mtv at the time. The music has always been good though
>>
>>65650953
The cartoons are just a gimic to get a certain group of people's attention to the music. You act like it's trying to be something much more than what it is or that it is somehow sinister. It's just to sell music dude calm down.
>>
>>65650953
Calm down man, they are a pretty good start for teenagers
>>
>>65651164
The question is, would Gorillaz have worked without the cartoon gimic? I feel like it was the catalyst necessary to get the project noticed, but in the end it was some truly unique and experimental music that kept the project alive.
>>
>backed up cuntwater
>abomination
>aborted shart of a sad attempt at music

do you realise how autistic you sound when you write things like this
>>
>>65651048
you mean like zombie simpsons?
>>
>>65650953
thanks OP gonna go listen to some Gorillaz cause I am totally in the mood to now.
>>
>>65651227
I agree it did produce unique and catchy music that lived uf to the hype of the cartoons, but it probably wouldn't have gotten very far with out the cartoons to begin with. Mostly because it would be hard to market an album by that one British guy who had some big singles awhile back.
>>
>>65650967
plastic beach is the worst gorillaz album what are you talking about
>>
>>65651367
It has a few of their best tracks though. Empire Ants, On Melancholy Hill, Stylo - all great tracks.
>>
*meme band insult* *blames reddit* congratulations you're a stereotypical /mu/ autist now. people dog on Reddit for being a hive mind but this shows how /mu/ gets that way also
>>
>>65651367
holy fucking shit kill yourself you fucking loser faggot beta pleb fuck if you dont do it someone else will and that someone will be me PB is objectively the best album on the face of the fucking planet i will piss on your daughter
>>
>>65650953
It's really a product of it's time in my opinion. The idea of a virtual band was really cool in the early-mid 2000's. And there are some decent albums, and it isn't like you have to look at the cartoons
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
Just wait until you find out about the Residents.
>>
>>65651346
He made the right move, gorrliaz is way bigger internationally than blur ever where.
Also its hard for any musician to start over again.
Like joy division turning into new order.
>>
I just listened to Gorillaz and I spent the entire album repeating the words "This is 4chan, this is shitlords, this is 4chan, this is shitlords..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in, I mean, like, front of my sofa, like, for the last 30 minutes it was so painful. Ugh!

>Ayy politically incorrect meaniness bassist

If you liked it you're in the wrong place, go to Reddit with me where us, gentlemen of the new generation can mock this piece of dirty evil 90s
>>
>>65651560
I can't even discern what you're trying to say. Please write a coherent post next time
>>
>>65651507
>>65651346
in my opinion the visual aspect and world building of the universe of the characters was quite effective. if I listen to a gorillaz record it's actually hard for me to picture damon albarn singing because all I see is 2D
>>
>>65650978
This, honestly.

It's elaborate album art. I'm pretty sure last time they toured they didn't even bother to attempt with the gimmick, Damon Albarn and the backing band literally just played on stage like any average band would. No stupid curtains or animation shits.
>>
>>65651227
Basically.

At the beginning, they really did commit to the gimmick too. Played behind curtains, had projections instead of being able to see the band.

By the time he toured Plastic Beach he pretty much said fuck all that and just played the songs like any regular fuckin band.
>>
>>65650986
is that malcolm in the middle
>>
>>65650953
You might be retarded.
>>
reddit: the band
>>
File: VkEXqNu-compressed.jpg (62 KB, 589x595) Image search: [Google]
VkEXqNu-compressed.jpg
62 KB, 589x595
HAY GUISE THE HYPSE IS REEL
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.