[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you not like Animal Collective?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Animal-Collective-001.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective-001.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
How do you not like Animal Collective?
>>
>>65649915
But they're my favorite band, anon
>>
But i do
>>
Pretty easy. Be a normie
>>
>>65649915
I do

>>65649944
I used to think this, but I was wrong
>>
>>65649915
I'm listening to MPP as I type this senpai
>>
>>65649944
>anco is for normies
>play an anco song from feels in a party
>everyone hates me except this one guy
>turns out to be straight
>>
Campfire Songs is their best album btw

>>65649944
forget what I said here (>>65649961) I got what you said mixed up
>>
>>65649944
All of my normie friends think they are "too weird." I have one friend who listens to them when he's on acid but that's it
>>
I'm ok with them. Like some of their stuff
>>
>>65650108
This. Those who say that anco are for normies are NEET faggots
>>
>>65650135
I was actually excited when I heard someone say AnCo was for normies on here. I thought I finally had music I could enjoy with my real life friends. At least I have my /mu/family
>>
I feel like AnCo has been getting a lot of flak on /mu/ lately. Is it because of two consecutive bad p4k ratings? I feel like to many people on this board take p4k too seriously, because Chz and PW weren't as bad as people make them out to be

>>65650108
>>65650135
MPP used to be my designated "normie album". Then the one chance that I had to play it for normies, they hated it and though it was too weird
>>
>>65650251
/mu/ is starting to hate AnCo because /mu/ likes AnCo. Half of /mu/ feel the need to constantly disagree with /mu/ popular opinion. If /mu/ ever decided for the most part that AnCo is bad there will be threads about how AnCo isn't that bad and that people have shit taste for hating on AnCo. Probably by the same people who give AnCo flak now. Though some people honestly just don't like them or didn't like their most recent releases and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
>>
>>65650251
>Then the one chance that I had to play it for normies, they hated it and though it was too weird

This. I tried this with My Girls AND Summertime Clothes, two songs I find are their absolutely most accessible, and nope.
>>
>>65650305
I tried it with Floridada and everyone thought it was some weird experimental stuff
>>
This is now an AnCo moments thread.

>she ran out in natuuuuuuuure
>I need mouth waaaateeer
>when there's nooooooo one wa chiiiiiiiiiiiin
>le le le le le le go
>jussssssst aaaaaaa sec mooooooore

There's a few to start
>>
>>65650251
>>65650305
>>65650327
Someone post the dance party
>>
>>65650351
>If I could just leave my body for the night.
One of my favorites. My definite favorite when high. The build feels like it's at least 8 minutes when I'm high and the amount of tension built is insane. Then it's all released and it's magical.
>>
>>65650351

RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
>>
File: 1454388243292 (1).jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454388243292 (1).jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>65650351
>bluuueeee heron
>...goodbye...goodbye
>>
>>65650360
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCollective/comments/3tw7ck/i_threw_an_animal_collective_dance_party_for_my/ ?
>>
Anyone else feel like MPP needs to be listened to at a very certain volume?

like, not too loud so the sounds don't become grating but not to low so you can hear all the details
>>
>>65650504
I have to adjust my volume every time I listen to it to get it just right. Sometimes I have the start the album multiple times
>>
>>65650504
I'd say that's true for any album
>>
>>65650351
COMFORT COMFORT
WHY DO YOU RUN FOR IT?
>>
>>65650351
All of who could win a rabbit
>>
>>65650351

B o n e f i s h
>>
>>65650351
>I feel so elusive in Houston
>You feel so exclusive in Houston
>>
I was having a bad day and this thread made me pretty happy. Thanks f a m
>>
>>65650351
>isabelle isabelle
>there've been sadder days
>pretty angels
>>
idk I just stopped watching nickelodeon a long time ago too
>>
How would you guys rate Oddsac as an album? I love pretty much every album theyve put out but havent got around to this one since its a "soundtrack"
>>
>>65649915
I don't like them because they're shit and they're shit because I don't like them
>>
>>65650305
I did the exact same thing. I absolutely could not believe that those two songs were too inaccessible for them.
>>
>>65650351
>BABY, LOVE ME
>SWIMMING POOLS
>WHEN I SAY BYE, YOU SAY BYE
>>
>>65650749
It's pretty good, probably their best of the 2010's imo, but if you're going in for a first listen, you gotta watch the visuals too
>>
Amanita is really good but it sounds like a tropical alt rock song.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.