[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most instantly recognizable guitar riff of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: guitar.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
130 KB, 1200x1200
What is the most instantly recognizable guitar riff of all time?
>>
Smoke on the Water?
>>
Da Da Da DaDa Dum Dum
>>
smoke on the water
>>
>>65646235
fucked that up

Da Da Da DaDa Dah Dum
>>
da da dadadum
>>
>>65646194
>>65646235
>>65646255

Is it though? I bet if you played that to a random person off the street they wouldn't be able to name the song or the band
>>
sunshine of your love
smoke on the water
whole lotta love
>>
Back in Black, probably

Smoke on the Water's riff is well known but the band isn't as well known
>>
>>65646313

If you're picking an AC/DC song surely it's gotta be Highway to Hell?
>>
>>65646180
back in black
>>
Pretty Woman

>>65646313
Definitely Back in Black

>>65646290
Also Sunshine of Your Love

>>65646338
People only know the vocals of that song. Unlike that, it's the riff in Back in Black that is iconic
>>
>>65646276
no, but they'd *recognise* the riff. it's like the first thing every guitar player learns.

i'd also nominate 'iron man' by sabbath.
>>
>>65646338
Could go either way

I think Back in Black is more defined by its riff, though, while Highway to Hell is defined by its chorus
>>
sweet child of mine is another one, pretty sure everyone over the age of 12 knows that song
>>
sweeeeet home abalamma
>>
>>65646520
same with iron man
>>
>>65646404
>People only know the vocals of that song

Come on now, literally everyone knows what song is on when that first 'da na na' plays. The song has been used in loads of popular movies and tv shows, more than BIB i'm willing to bet.
>>
by christ lads surely its iron man if we are going AC/DC
>>
inna gadda da vida
>>
Ozzy - crazy train
>>
25 or 6 to 4
>>
Satisfaction

Smells Like Teen Spirit could be it too
>>
Johnny B. Goode tho
>>
>>65647211
Fucking THIS
>>
In no order

Smoke on the Water
Iron Man
Sweet Child o' Mine
Back in Black
maybe Sweet Home Alabama

Anything newer might lose the old crowd
>>
>>65646180
It's either Satisfaction or something by The Beatles, some of the ones you guys are choosing are very popular but wouldn't be recognized by people over 65
>>
>>65648366
Satisfaction is more recognizable by the masses than any Beatles song and it's not even close
>>
>>65646520
this
>>
Cocaine
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.