[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Statements /mu/ are to afraid (or contrarian) to admit are true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 2048x1536
>Death grips are one of the most Boundry-Breaking Artists of the past decades
>>
Centipede Hz is one of Anco's best albums.
>>
>Inb4 mean hateful complaters
>>
>>65646122
wrong
>>65646143
wrong

now who else wanna fuck with hollywood courts
>>
There is a certain point when music just stops being enjoyable.
>>
>>65646122
the fact you capitalized "boundary-breaking artists" and not "Grips" does not give you a ton of credibility.
>>
>>65646170
at 31
>>
If music isn't catchy in some way, it's not good.
>>
>>65646205
I forgot m8.
Want me to apologize?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVtuwxeqBYM

u fucking suk
>>
>>65646225
maybe you're just shallow
>>
listening to death grips is like putting piping hot garbage into your ear canals and letting it fester
>>
>>65646263
this
>>
>>65646261
I've been listening to all sorts of music for a long ass time. There comes a point when you realize a lot of music is trying way too hard and forgot to be enjoyable.
>>
>>65646233
G E D D I T W A V E
>>
>>65646122
it's true, but it's literally just a black guy shouting a lot with white people playing load music under it. it's boundary breaking but it's not good, it's just "new" and accesable to white people because they're 2/3 white

i love death grips btw (only heard the first two albums tho)
>>
>>65646122
Death Grips to me are so centered around their image that their music *has* to take a back seat a lot of the time, they undermine themselves musically because they're such performance artists

I liked their first three a decent bit and kinda quit following them, but they've always had this texture to them, like they're delivering a punk-rock kind of image-centered energy that's time-shifted into the future. They're significant, unique, boundary-breaking, etc. But I have a hard time putting their albums on Greatest Of lists because you can't take it in isolation from the Death Grips media machine.
>>
>>65646233
UDONFUGGINMGGEDDBIT :DDDD
but really what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>65646696
their albums definitely are more of an at the moment thing
>>
>>65646122
death grips are shit. they are literally a shitty meme band that people here pretend to like to seem cool and edgy. Anyone with a decent music taste will tell you they are shit. Same with Kanye and most hip hop, its shit. You people listen to this shit to think you have deep taste because its mu core but its actually fucking awful and I know most people here are very young or underrage but try getting your music from somewhere other than mu and you might end up with a respectable taste
>>
Jesse and the rippers IS the best fictional band
>>
>>65647390
no thanks, I already had pasta tonight
>>
>>65647390
Ya know if it was 2011 and the money store just came out if disagree but at this point I agree with ya. I'm gettin the same feeling I did with ofwg. It's all too angsty now to me
>>
>>65647390
>uses meme as a criticism
didn't even read
>>
>>65647390
KYS.
My taste is better than yours.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.