[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't care what you say, City of Evil is a jam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: owtheedge.jpg (193 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
owtheedge.jpg
193 KB, 720x720
I don't care what you say, City of Evil is a jam.
>>
>I don't care what you say, I'm a retard with shit taste
k anon
>>
>that song about necrophilia
kek
>>
Bat Country Welcome to the Family and Nightmare are their only good songs desu
>>
>>65645245
Good calls, but the Beast and the Harlot is great in a so-bad-it's-good kinda way. A lot of their songs are.
>>
>>65645026
do you wear fingerless gloves and a fedora as well?
>>
it's weird watching nu-metal/ pop punk/ metalcore/ post-grunge appreciation threads slowly become more and more commonplace the further we get into the 10s

and it's only gonna get worse as the userbase gets younger and younger
>>
>>65645924
Not OP but been on the site since 08, come here off and on now because this place is toxic garbage. I think a lot of these nu-metal garbage bands don't offer anything (Pierce the Veil, Of Mice and Men, Slipknot, etc.) but I do believe Avenged Sevenfold does offer SOME things. If you're actually musically trained, you'll learn to appreciate lots of key changes, complex musical progressions, complex chord progressions, complex playing, advanced theory, etc. I'm not really a big advocate of the band, but if you legitimately think this band is bad because some elitist faggot told you so, you're retarded.

This band is alright and then has some good moments too. Has a lot of songs with incredible theory complexity and difficult songs made accessible. Take it for what it is. It's pop music with mixes of influences and advanced music theory. Great for fun listening and learning. If you can't throw on a some pop record or TMV after listening to harsh noise, Steve Reich or some other pretentious music, you're really not a music fan. You're just a culmination of social engineering, and that's fine. Just learn to make objective opinions based on music.

That being said, most nu-metal bands on here offer very little in any regard, theory, connotative, qualitative, etc. Think they gotta go. I'll see /mu/ again in like a month now.
>>
>>65646042
Same with My Chemical Romance.
I hate everybody just lumping all bands from this era and image together as shit when there really were some gems in there.
>>
>>65645402
Nothing wrong with having an eclectic taste in music faggot

I can go from avenged sevenfold to peter brotzmann in a matter of seconds
>>
>>65647298
Stop. You're ruining Peter Broztmann for everyone else
>>
>>65645245
>Welcome to the Family
mah nigga
>>
Blinded in Chains is my jam even if the lyrics are terrible
>>
>>65645245
sidewinder and the wiked end 10/10
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.