[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a band that bombed as hard as Interpol >protip: you fahkin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 332x443
Name a band that bombed as hard as Interpol
>protip: you fahkin cunt
>>
>>65645002
The strokes, and even harder
>>
animal collective in the 2010s
>>
Arcade Fire
>>
Bloc Party
>>
>>65645002
TOTBL was incredible, Antics was pretty good, rest of the albums had a moment here and there

I don't know if I'd really call it bombed since my expectations for most bands are a lot lower than what Interpol achieved.
>>
Franz Ferdinand
>>
>>65645377
/thread
>>
weezer
>>
>this thread
Is there even a single 00s indie rock band that fulfilled expectations/had a successful career up to this point?
>>
>>65645476
does sufjan stevens count as indie rock
does sufjan stevens count as a band
>>
did they bomb? I always thought they were pretty exceptional
>>
>>65645476
Does St Vincent count?
>>
>>65645441
This probs. their best was a lot better than most bands and their worst was absolute fucking shit
>>
>>65645476
Arcade Fire
>>
>>65645960
Maybe if their 5th album turns out good.
>>
TOTBL is god-tier, Antics is great, the rest are a hit or miss.
Bloc Party is literally the biggest bomb in rock music though
>>
File: 1464312920286.jpg (37 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1464312920286.jpg
37 KB, 500x494
>>65645355
>>65646013
>he fell for the "reflektor is bad" meme
>>
>>65645308
the only bad strokes album is first impressions of earth
>>
>>65646867
It is bad though. Stylistically all over the place and about 15 minutes too long
>>
>>65646905
Listen to drag queen and tell
Me that again
>the strokes does vaporwave
>>
>>65645406
Nah. Their album with Sparks last year was really fucking good.
>>
>>65646915
well, to be fair, i couldn't care too much about side two, but the first one is god-tier
>>
>>65645476
No.

This is pretty significant, somehow, I think. These bands were never consigned to oblivion, since, you know, the internet, but there's something of missed opportunities with all of them, even if they did take every one.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs bombed pretty badly, I think. Same with Cat Power, though her story is more fraught.
>>
>>65645406
disagree, they've stayed super consistent and even pulled off a decent collab album, which is normally the sorta thing that turns out awfully
>>
>>65645002
PLEASE

LICK
MY
BENIS

BECAUSE FRIENDS DON'T WASTE WINE WHEN THERE'S WORDS TO SELL
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.