[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swans Live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Anyone on /mu/ seen them live before.

Would it be weird if I went to a show by myself? Swans aren't exactly a band that you can bring friends who aren't fans along to see.

Also are earplugs really necessary?
>>
I plan on seeing them this September in Hollywood. Before then, I want to buy a pair of musician earplugs, that way I have them for the show and any other show I go to.
>>
>>65644829
why would going by yourself be weird? have you never seen a movie on your own? do you not listen to albums on your own?
>>
going to concerts alone isn't as bad as you'd think, especially with something like swans. I saw neurosis live alone, it was great.

I find earplugs to be too bassy and no earplugs to be too loud, which is why I usually roll up a piece of toilet paper and put in my ears. it lowers the volume just the right ammount for me without affecting the bass/treble too much.
>>
I've seen them once and it was a bit of a dissapointment, but it's not weird going by yourself if you really love the band and the earplugs have to be proper stuff or otherwise their performance loses all textural quality
>>
I went on The Seer tour.

Crowd was small and quiet. Everyone just stood there, mostly skinny white nerds. No one will give a shit that you're alone, it's not a party atmosphere.

I was directly in front of the stage with no ear buds and it was fine. I expected way worse.
>>
Earplugs are required, but I would get one of those $15 pairs on amazon that are used by drummers. They're really good at lowering the decibels without taking away from how loud the show feels or the bass.
>>
Nothing wrong with going alone, I made my boyfriend go even though he didn't like swans and he had fun though.
I didn't even wear the earplugs I brought but I probably should have, my ears are totally fucked up now
>>
>>65644829
Yes, you need earplugs.
I made the mistake of not wearing earplugs and now I can no longer hear out of my right ear because I stood right in fucking front of the crowd.
>>
>>65644866
see ya there
>>
I have a chance to see them in september but I've barely listened to them, I only listened to Filth and I thought it was pretty unremarkable. Should I listen to their discog and become a fan before september?
>>
>>65647008
The last 3 albums should cover the bulk of what they'll be playing live. Far more entertaining than Filth would be live, I think.
>>
I can confirm that you need earplugs. I was standing directly next to the stage speaker and as soon as the first note was hit I felt a twisting feeling inside my ear and I have had a very loud ringing in my ear since. That was about three years ago. Fun time though
>>
The last four shows I've been to I went alone. Nothing wrong with that. But yes, bring earplugs. Not just because it'll be uncomfortably loud, but you should really be wearing them at all shows unless you want to be deaf at 40.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.