[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musicians of /mu/, tell us about your first show in front of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 23901.jpg (80 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
23901.jpg
80 KB, 800x529
Musicians of /mu/, tell us about your first show in front of an audience.

How did it went? How good or bad did you play?
>>
I went full GG at my first gig. Got beat up and kicked out.
>>
Highschool talent show and got a standing ovation after I played Liszt
>>
>>65644256
It went well, we had been practicing for some time. It was a halloween gig so we did some creepy theatrics and weird stuff, it was fun. The crowd liked the louder songs and was screamed a lot but seemed confused by the more experimental stuff
>>
File: getlaidstopcomplaining.jpg (92 KB, 614x347) Image search: [Google]
getlaidstopcomplaining.jpg
92 KB, 614x347
Lol.

I had just been playing guitar for a year and a half, it was the high school coffee house and I was in 10th grade.

I really wanted to play guitar for it so I asked my hot ass english teacher if anyone needed a guitarist.

Turns out our village asperger nicknamed See-saw wanted to sing and needed a guitarist so I was stuck with him.

We played Holiday by Green Day then Beverly Hills by Weezer.

During Holiday he threw his hat off with his goofy fucking aspie face and it got lost under the stage while people laughed.

i did alright, he wasn't good, but he wasn't awful.

I was more nervous than I ever had been in my life before going up. Ever since then I've fucking loved it and have played in front of thousands of people since then, gotten paid and gotten laid.
>>
>>65644418
Now that I think about it 8 years later that was the point in my life that I stopped being a fuckin loser and started believing in myself.
>>
Pretty sure it was a high school battle of the bands and we came in second to a band that played a rage against the machine cover and a black sabbath cover. We actually played fairly well.

With my current band our first show was 3 years ago(?) and it was a disaster. We were just a cover band at that time. I broke a string halfway through video killed the radiostar. We were sloppy as hell. But now we're playing at a festival next month because we won a battle of the bands in the PNW. It can take a long time to get to the point where you're all kinda starting to figure things out.
>>
>>65644256

all the parents clapped politely as a played my trombone.
>>
I opened for a band from my area that was pretty old as fuck. They played psych pop and shit in the 60's and were a huge local band back then.

I did a edited version of Clocks and it was really good and got a lot of attention. The crowd was loud for the rest of the set though because I was just an opener and it was a crowded venue.

My second time I got a standing ovation for my vocals. I sing mostly and play piano.
>>
>>65644256
I was 15 and played in a "progessive" "metalcore" "band" opening for Vanna or some other dumb shit. It was the most embarrassing chapter of my life.
>>
>>65644256
It was my first concert in middle school band. The audience was all parents, and looking back we sounded like ass.
>>
metal show at a semi-house show my friend was throwing. Followed by a DJ set with some mates
>>
I was in a hot-topic tier metalcore band in 2011 and I played synths. It was absolutely ridiculous and shameful but no regrets it was fun... had a lot of equipment malfunctions but the crowd liked us.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.